Hodaka Fairings

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
motovate

Hodaka Fairings

Post by motovate »

Recently I saw for sale on the Hodaka Fan Club and on the Facebook Market place site the same 2 Fairings for sale. These are portrayed as Hodaka Ace 90 NOS fairings with a Part number of PN#290003. I was surprised to see Factory Fairings for Hodaka's - anyone know of NOS Fairings from Hodaka ???? Just curious if Hodaka actually carried fairings for Ace 90's or if the are after market.

LBM
thrownchain

Re: Hodaka Fairings

Post by thrownchain »

They are listed in the parts book. If someone buys one or both, I can haul to Hodaka Days if that helps. ( I know the guy)
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

I thought PABATCO was also a distributor of Avon farings, including one for Ace 90s, back in the early days of the company. I wonder if the ones for sale are the Avon ones. That'd be cool.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

If you go to Terry's website and put fairing in the search box, it'll show the fairing. The description includes fairing and Avon front fender as a kit.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Not sure why a 90cc bike needs a fairing. 8-)
motovate

Post by motovate »

Well --- interesting. Must not of been a big seller. The ones shown looked kind of big in the photos - would of been much cooler if they were road race style fairings, but they are what they are - it will be interesting to see who picks them up and what the look like installed.

LBM<
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

If you have been to Hodaka Days or seen the pics of the event, and have seen the Hodaka police bike, that's the fairing.
motovate

Post by motovate »

It's on my bucket list and has been for at least 10 years - always something happens to get in the way. I even lived over in La Grand and made it to Athena for the Celtic Festival once way before Hodaka Days. But I have seen the photos of the Police Bike. I'll go back and look at it but as I think about it - it looked right for that bike style - still looking a little big for a little 90 - until you get behind it and get up to speed and reduce the wind on your chest. I've ridden behind fairings a fair amount and I like them on the open road. Still like the full bin looking road racer fairing for little bikes.
Dale

Post by Dale »

A photo op that I had with my Ace 90 and the Avon fairing used by Frank Wheeler. Taken in 2014 at Hodaka Days.

Dale with Ace 90 and Frank Wheeler Avon fairing 1b.jpg
Dale
rlkarren

Post by rlkarren »

I've always wanted to find one of these for a fiberglass mold. I would rather modify one of my own reproductions than alter a new one. Having had success with my fiberglass seat pans, this would be a fun project.
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 1.00.41 PM.png
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Guy just contacted me and he does have the matching Avon fender to go with at least one of the fairings.
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

It makes sense doesn't it. Avon sees Aces selling like hotcakes so it builds a mold or two and voila - bolt-on farings and bling. Fail. We should be knee-deep in them. I've never seen one other than in pictures but they are very cool. I'm still not quite sure of the nitty-gritty details of the relationship between PABATCO and Avon. Anybody have the dope?
Scott Hatch

Post by Scott Hatch »

Here’s the Avon fairing and front fender I have for sale for $350. For Ace 90. Part number 290003. Can bring to York PA swap meet this weekend. If you live east of the Mississippi chances are somebody will be at York and can pick them up for you.
Attachments
B5338EAD-BD5D-4A09-B4CD-B453F2155CA2.jpeg
DC28BEC0-CA28-4F49-9DFF-861C4E573841.jpeg
FF252078-8A39-45C6-A8DF-11BAC7573A23.jpeg
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Space-age vibe. I dig it.
dirtsquirt74

Post by dirtsquirt74 »

I had the Pabatco fairing on a model 94 Wombat for a number of years and it worked out well. I found it easy to mount. I only removed the fairing because I put the Wombat into storage.

Richard
gregg_floren

Post by gregg_floren »

I believe there is more than just marketing involved here.

As I recall, at the time the ace 90 was released, at least one state required a fairing on any bike to get it licensed for the road. I don't remember which state, bit I think it was in the midwest somewhere.

Gregg
danshale

Post by danshale »

Hi Dale, Where is the Wheeler Alaska Fairing today? Going to the Athena museum I hope? Cool photo.
Dale

Post by Dale »

danshale wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:27 pm Hi Dale, Where is the Wheeler Alaska Fairing today? Going to the Athena museum I hope? Cool photo.
Dan, Sorry, but I don't know who is in possession of the fairing. It was at Hodaka Days 2014 for the 50th anniversary event. I hope someone who knows will see this and respond.
Dale
Dale