for sale section

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thrownchain

for sale section

Post by thrownchain »

Is the classified section ever gonna get up and running?
Al Harpster

Re: for sale section

Post by Al Harpster »

I'm interested in the answer to this question too.

I've got some parts I think are pretty good I'd like to see go to forum members that might need them.

They're sitting in my basement. I won't be using them.

I don't care much for eBay. I'm not looking to get maximum dollar. A fair price plus shipping.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

What ya got? ( unofficially).
Al Harpster

Post by Al Harpster »

Just ace b+ parts.
dirtsquirt74

Post by dirtsquirt74 »

I have also been thinking about parting with some 250 parts. A local guy has shown some interest but it has been more than two years. Also have a Thunderdog that I would like to sell as part of the the package.
dirtsquirt74

Post by dirtsquirt74 »

I have also been thinking about parting with some 250 parts. A local guy has shown some interest but it has been more than two years. Also have a Thunderdog that I would like to sell as part of the the package.
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

I would love to see a For Sale section here on the forum. I am sure there are parts I could offer and Find as well! Hoping to see this kick open soon! :ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

I don't think a wanted ad has ever been a problem. Selling seems to be the issue. Paul didn't want parts sold because it went against his business. Now it's in the clubs hands and it still seems to be problem. The place to sell is to like minded people and here is where they are. Hopefully someone in charge will bring us up to date on what's going on ( or not).
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

Your moderators are working on a solid answer to this question. I hope to have that answer for you all shortly!

Thanks for your patience!

Gary
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
"You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape . . ."
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

You can always post stuff on www.hodakaclassified.com in the meantime!
JackM

Post by JackM »

Makotosun, maybe its just me, but I'd bet a lot of us on this site were unaware of hodakaclassified. I have plenty of parts sitting around on shelves, mostly off 97's and 98's, and I'd rather sell them to people on here than on ebay. I've been holding off until I get both bikes up and running. May just sell the whole lot. Two bikes and scads of parts.
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

I set Hodaka Classified up as a proof of concept for the club to evaluate. It is my own project but is usable for anyone who has Hodaka stuff for sale. It is still not used as much as i'd like, but as we move to the new club site, hopefully we will have a lot more options for the Hodaka Faithful.

Items listed on the Classified site are supposed to atto list onto the Classified Facebook page as well, though some changes to the Facebook algorithm may have disabled the auto post bit. You can also post onto the Facebook page directly I believe:

https://www.facebook.com/HodakaClassified/
logosmall-rotated.png
logosmall-rotated.png (49.11 KiB) Viewed 5020 times
danshale

Post by danshale »

Hi Al, would you have Ace b+ rear fender?
nikram58

Post by nikram58 »

Al Harpster wrote:Just ace b+ parts.
Al,
Would you have a decent 100B+ cylinder? I can only find .060 over on eBay and pistons seem to be unavailable .060 over, so looking for .000 to .040.
Thanks,
Brad-
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

If Al doesn't, I may have a couple low wear cylinders.
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

Here is just a bit of the few rules we have for selling items on our Delphi Forum. It’s been around for over 20 years and they have always worked. Just a little something to think about! :ugeek: Victor

A quick rundown of the Suzuki 1500LC/C90 forum "selling" guidelines.
1. Seller must list a price. No "make me an offer" stuff please. A seller must POST PICTURES WHEN LISTING. if you don't know how ask someone to show you how. It is easy. Without pictures, you put the sale in limbo.

2. Keep all transactions on the forum. Please do not ask for replies by email or private messages. Or offer to email pictures to buyers, email them to a moderator and they can help you with the pics. That way everything is documented and time stamped right here for all to see. Much less confusion that way, and perspective buyers will know where they are in line, and whether or not the item has been sold yet.

3. As it stands today the first responder has first rights. But they must be clear with their intentions. Say something like I WANT IT, Or SOLD!. Don't just ask a question. Say what your intentions are. Or someone else will. And you will find yourself out of the running.
If someone has to post an inquiry as to what size, what color, can I see a picture?..ect......AND MEETS THE CRITERIA ABOVE, that person should get first consideration after you reply with an answer. The interested party must reply back you your answer within 24 hrs with a "sold" or, if not, go ahead and make the deal with the next responder. The way we see it, if a responder shows interest in an item, then he/she needs to hang around the thread to close the deal one way or the other and not leave the seller hanging (unless prior arrangements are made to mutual satisfaction). This time line also holds true for the buyer to respond to the seller. In other words, if you know your gonna be away for a few days don't post your stuff until you get back. As a Seller be prepared to visit your thread often for at least a week to deal with potential buyers. That is the fairest system we could devise but it's up to the members to make it work. OK?

4. Pics are a must. There is no way around this. The seller needs to take a couple of pics of the item, or have a friend do it. Before he lists it on here for sale. Nothing works without pictures and an honest description of the item.

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
nikram58

Post by nikram58 »

thrownchain wrote: If Al doesn't, I may have a couple low wear cylinders.
Please let me know if you do.
Thanks!
Brad-
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Please don't use the Suzuki selling guidelines. To me the first buyer buys it, not the one that is looking or thinking about it.
Just how I am -----------Clarence
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

The first one with the money is the new owner, and it's for sale till it's paid for. I don't hold things for people, if you want it pay for it. My basic rules.
nikram58

Post by nikram58 »

thrownchain wrote:If Al doesn't, I may have a couple low wear cylinders.
Please let me know if you do.
Thanks,
Brad-
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Will do, give Al a chance first.
Al Harpster

Post by Al Harpster »

I have no rear fenders or extra cylinders, just a bunch of odds and ends.

I have TRIED to use Hodaka Classifides in the past, but found it quite combersome and a program crash-master.

If it's been substantially streamlined perhaps someone could comment on it's features & benefits.

That, and a direct link to keep traffic coming to it.
nikram58

Post by nikram58 »

Thanks for letting me know.
Brad-
nikram58

Post by nikram58 »

thrownchain wrote:Will do, give Al a chance first.
Al let me know he does not have any cylinders. When you have a chance to check I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Brad-
Tether

Post by Tether »

Al Harpster wrote:I have no rear fenders or extra cylinders, just a bunch of odds and ends.

I have TRIED to use Hodaka Classifides in the past, but found it quite combersome and a program crash-master.

If it's been substantially streamlined perhaps someone could comment on it's features & benefits.

That, and a direct link to keep traffic coming to it.
I too tried the Hodaka Classifides recently to post a Wombat I had for sale. I did get posted with pictures but it was far from simple. When I went back later to see what my listing looked like it would not load right. At that time it was the only listing I could see. Is there no listings? Or are they just not showing up on the iPad??