The lights are on but nobody's home.

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
matt glascock

The lights are on but nobody's home.

Post by matt glascock »

So, last week I was basking in the glow of a 35 mile ride on my Road Toad. This fun little "hop" ended at my Mom's place for an introduction to the 2018 crop of black raspberry jelly. Amazing. When I was satisfied that the blood-letting, lacerations, and Zika virus I incurred to procure said black raspberries was vastly eclipsed by the deliciousness of the product, I set out for home - or so I thought. Key on, neutral light glowing, fuel on, kick...nothing. Pull plug, ground base, kick...nothing. No spark. Grrr... Chasing a lost spark can be at once the most frustrating/satisfying experience in all of Hodakaland. So, I trailer the bike home. I made the decision to simply change the plug, points and condenser. Done. Set basic timing using timing marks. Done. Prepare for the satisfying ring ding ding of a successful therapeutic intervention - check. Key, fuel, choke on. Neutral light glowing mockingly - check. Kick. Kick. Kick. Nothing. Pull plug, ground base. No spark. Tapestry of profanity - woven. Then I noticed the little red rotary switch up there by the throttle...
Last edited by matt glascock on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
givergas

Re: The lighte are on but nobody's home.

Post by givergas »

Ahhhhh been there done that......
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

8-)
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

I'm with you, Giver! The cherry on the sundae was that this happened moments after I finished telling my eight-going-on-17 year old daughter that she needs to listen to me because I'm so much smarter and worldly than her. Hmmm...
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

Ahh Mathew! Seems like you’re writing parables of Hodaka scripture these days! It’s getting as bad as my newly rebuild oil leaks!!!

“And the Hodaka said unto the rider, “Thou Wilst Not Start me! Thou must suffer the anguish of not riding home and revieweth the ignition system with promise and praise and STILL not have the spark....until Thou hath noticed the kill switch is in the OFF position!”

Mathew, Chapter 469, lines 56-61.

:ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
SuperRat01

Post by SuperRat01 »

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself...
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Agreed SR! It sure beats crying and is MUCH more Hodala-like. Victor, all I can sayeth is... :lol: . Classic Victor.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Y'all are a HOOT!
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!