Old Shed full of motorcycles

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
matt glascock

Re: Old Shed full of motorcycles

Post by matt glascock »

This is just a thought, Clarence. After you've culled everything you have a personal interest in from the herd, you might consider contacting someone like Terry at Hodaka parts to negotiate a package deal for the rest. I know that they sell reconditioned parts restored by top Hodaka mechanics like Hodaka Dave and they have the parts and expertise to recondition the bikes and return them to service which would make them much easier to sell to someone wanting to get on a vintage bike that is mechanically restored and ready to go. At the very least that would get the bikes and parts into the hands of people who would care for them. There may be some value in getting these types of bike and parts stashes into the larger and more centralized Hodaka parts houses rather than being scattered into the four winds and into an uncertain fate. There can't be that many more collections like you've found still around. This is all free advice and guaranteed to be worth every penny :) . Thanks for the update, Clarence.
Tether

Post by Tether »

Where is this stuff?
I would be interested in a Bridgestone depending on completeness and cost. I’m always interested in the oddball stuff.
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

I like what Matt said. This is a treasure trove of old motorcycle parts and it needs to be made good use of.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

I could really use that orange Super Combat tank if it ever becomes available.

Brian
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

I’d be interested in a rolling Wombat chassis, Model 94/94A with a seat & tank!

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Victor I have a rolling chassis, #95 red frame, wheels, no engine, tank not very good, bars, forks and swing arm frame #e--04549,, good price, has to be boxed up to ship, let me know. Bruce Young [email protected], its going to Hodaka days 2018 if it does not sell before, can send pictures
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Brian sure miss bidding against you at Hodaka Days! What you got to trade? I will look and see how straight the tank is. ------------------ Clarence E mail
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

taber hodaka wrote:Brian sure miss bidding against you at Hodaka Days! What you got to trade? I will look and see how straight the tank is. ------------------ Clarence E mail
That was a fun time Clarence! It was my first and only visit (so far) to Hodaka days.

I have a bunch of stuff I could trade. I have a close ratio gear set that fits an Ace or an early Super Rat. What do you need?

Brian
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Ace 100 rings or combat air cleaner. Brian you can just call me. Or I can call you 406--261--9326. -------------Clarence $
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Brian oh oh oh it came today what a surprise. Yesterday I shoveled the shed out that had the tank in it. I only hope you like the tank as much as I did my gift box. I did not find the frame hardware but we will find something. One dent is about 3 inches long and about 1/8 deep, located to the right of the cap at the height of the top of the emblem. Needs painted Thanks! -----------Clarence
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

Glad you got the package Clarence! I buy some hardware in bulk and ended up with a box of 50 motor mount bolts so I threw in a few as well as some other screws.

I don't mind dents in the tank. The nice thing about the painted tanks is that a little body filler and some fresh paint make them look new. I have a Toad tank and a Yamaha JT1 I am prepping for paint so I will be able to primer them all at the same time.

Brian