Super Rat Resto

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
SuperRat01

Super Rat Resto

Post by SuperRat01 »

Hey Guys, I just wanted to show yall my Super Rat! It took 9 long years, but she is finally complete. Now, I plan on putting it in some local shows. Thanks, for all your help during this project. Now, it's on to the Road Toad resto. Linc
Attachments
IMAG1254.jpg
efkruger

Re: Super Rat Resto

Post by efkruger »

Man that's beautiful, I will have to restore mine when I get a chance. Looks Great, Beautiful job!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That looks nicer than the brand new one I have upstairs. Showroom Linc showroom !!!! Great great job!!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Really nice! Taking Hodakas to shows is always fun. Most people viewing it weren't born yet when your classic was built. Always a good time and you'll do well!

Maxie
Steve Arnold

Post by Steve Arnold »

Great looking bike, love it !
MTrat

Post by MTrat »

Interesting. My 98 came with graphics on the tank; two horizontal lines with HODAKA and small lettering as per the picture on page 85 of the Hodaka book. Still have the tank but unfortunately the bike is long gone. Anyone interested in this original tank?
Last edited by MTrat on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Where did you get that stand you have under the rear wheel? That looks adjustable also for different bikes.
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Ebay is just loaded with motorcycle stands and or motorcycle lifts. I did not know there were so many different kinds. Very reasonable also.
SuperRat01

Post by SuperRat01 »

that stand came from "Cycle Gear". They have them on sale from time to time. It works with many different bikes and is very stable. Linc
SuperRat01

Post by SuperRat01 »

MTrat, I know the decal you are talking about. I have seen it on the Hodaka Super Rat poster and I have wondered if it is supposed to be on the tank. However, I bought this bike new in 75 and there were no decals on it. Does anyone know if the "Hodaka" decal should be on the tank? Linc
Dale

Post by Dale »

SuperRat01 wrote:MTrat, I know the decal you are talking about. I have seen it on the Hodaka Super Rat poster and I have wondered if it is supposed to be on the tank. However, I bought this bike new in 75 and there were no decals on it. Does anyone know if the "Hodaka" decal should be on the tank? Linc
I never saw a "new" orange tank Super Rat, nor an orange tank Super Combat with the decal. I guess that some dealers might have added them and its possible that some did come that way and I just never saw one. The red tank Dirt Squirts did come with the decal.
Dale
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

My ex father in law was a Hodaka dealer in the mid seventies and the Rats came to him with no decal and it was to be dealer installed

Rich
SuperRat01

Post by SuperRat01 »

Rich, yes, that makes sense that it would be dealer installed. I think I like the Super Rat better without the "Hodaka" sticker. However, I don't think my Road Toad would look right without it.
MTrat

Post by MTrat »

The Super Rat I am referring to came to the dealer (me) in the crate with the decals on. I chose to keep and race this one and soon replaced the tank with a plastic one. Some fine tuning and modifications resulted in a second place overall season in the MSMRA state points race totals. Can't remember where the bike went but I still have the tank...
SuperRat01

Post by SuperRat01 »

ok...Now I'm confused. I wonder why some would be delivered with "Hodaka" decals already on the tank and others would not. Maybe they had the decals on bikes built earlier in 74 and by the time mine was built (August 74) they had stopped.
rough rider

Post by rough rider »

Very nice! I think the tanks have a cleaner look with out the decals on the 98's. Just my two cents. ;)
Hydraulic Jack

Post by Hydraulic Jack »

Not that I have seen every model 98 every sold in the US, but I have never seen one with decals on the tank. Nor have I seen a photo produced by Hodaka for print showing decals.
Hydraulic Jack