stolen bikes

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
tinman213

stolen bikes

Post by tinman213 »

just wanted the hodaka community to know that there is a couple stolen ones out there that id really like back.
they were stolen from my dads house in Henderson NV on !/8/17. and listed on craigslist on the 9th. my dad recently passed
in 8-2016 . I live in Idaho now but born/raised in Henderson NV. my very first bike is the stein ace 100 and it needs to come home!!!! other is a wombat. along with two 1960's Yamaha 125 enduros and a early 1970's YZ80 the police are involved and I just want my stuff back. if you purchased these or know someone that did. Please contact me or the Henderson NV police. NV is a title state and ALL have a paper trail (title) on the VIN. making the enduros unlicenseable for highway use or even all of them back woods in a lot of states because of licensees
there also was a 200 atc and 3 or 4 Honda quads taken I cant remember how many dad had. but the bikes were mine.
any help would be great. I have one name for sure. was a thief even back in high school. and pretty sure about another.
they are a HOT item with lots of friends/family looking for them.
thanks for your time reading this. and I like your site. didn't know it was even here.
tinman213

Re: stolen bikes

Post by tinman213 »

ill post the craigslist adds with photos as soon as I learn how to. 1m an over the hill computer idiot.
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

First, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Hopefully they didn't get far and the thief(ves) will be located and brought to justice quickly. Secondly, I, along with many of the people frequenting this website and forum, have fairly extensive networks of folks interested in vintage bikes who are always on the lookout for all things Hodaka. I know I do. Any additional information you can provide may be of some help. Steering head badge date of manufacture and partial frame number (ie X***0123) along with partial engine number (ie P***0123) might be helpful if you have this information. I'll alert the people I know. I'm hopeful you will have your property returned. Whomever took your bikes are not Hodaka people. Hodaka people are cool. The people who took your bikes are garden variety, scummy thieves who typically screw up and get caught. Good luck!
Last edited by matt glascock on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
czmarty

Post by czmarty »

I'm always looking around Reno, If you have the papers please post vin #'s, I'm watching