Resonator Comments on the Forum

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Resonator Comments on the Forum

Post by hodakamax »

OK, I'll start this comment thing first. This is probably a good tool for recruitment to join the Hodaka Club as non-members can be lured in and find out that there are other fun and interesting things going on in the Hodaka world that might not come up on the Forum. It will also be some needed input for our contributors or may even generate new contributors and new subjects. Here's my comment.

I really enjoyed Jack Broomall's story on The Harry Taylor Daytona Road Race Replica history in our December 2016 issue. I was always fascinated by Harry's accomplishment of the time. I still have the poster that used to hang in My Hodaka shop of the '60s showing him flying along at speeds exceeding 100 MPH. Jack has actually done what I've always procrastinated about namely building a Hodaka Road Racer of the time. I'm looking forward to Part two with the details! :)

Max
hodakamax

Re: Resonator Comments on the Forum

Post by hodakamax »

One of my favorite contributors in the Resonator is Brian Zuest who writes "Northern Reflections". His subjects are varied. He writes of engine building in the June 2015 issue (and before), rebuilding an engine in a three part series, Technical issues, such as service bulletins on the Combat Wombat in its development in the May 2016 issue and fork tubes and ID in the December 2015 issue. He's not all technical and can put together a great racing adventure as in his September 2015 article of the Ormstown Vintage Race where he did combat with his 100cc against much larger BSAs of the time. OK, I'm partial to this one having owned both a 350 BSA and a Hodaka at the same time and racing them both on the same day. A little quirk was they shifted on alternate sides but that's another story.

Anyway, check out Brian's writings in the archives and present issues of the Resonator. Always good. Credit where credit is due!

Max
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

I couldn't agree more, Max. Brian's contributions have been excellent! Currently, Brian is on a "leave of absence" due to some other pressures in his life. We hope he'll be able to return in the future. Meanwhile, look for regular contributions from Rick "Super Hunky" Sieman, Ed "Captain America" Chesnut, Ben Schenk, Darrell "The Crazed Canadian Chemist", along with some slick tech tips from the likes of Maxie, Victor and KC Titzy. Who knows, maybe we can even tease out some more "ya shoulda been there" tales from Lee Fabry about the glory days of SoCal and Mexican racing!

Stay tuned.

Bob
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

Not to blow my own horn, but I have submitted more than 12 articles over the years. My latest was sent in a few weeks ago. I hope it makes the cut. :|
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

Toot away. Your articles are enjoyable.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

All I can say is thanks to all that contribute, this is what make our club news letter one of the best. Now for you that think you have nothing to contribute, well your wrong. We want to hear from all of you, photos and a outline of rides or races, your restoration projects, and anything Hodaka. Don't be shy, we have editors that can help out. This is one great community, thanks Kelly.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Rick, I haven't forgotten you!

Contributors Rick Mott and Victor Lioce both have both written articles with the same theme, namely introducing young people, in this case grandchildren, to our passion of motorcycling and related mechanics. These are valuable life experiences not taught in school which are assets to all involved. Projects and challenges can have big effects on young people growing up. Enough said, hats off to Rick and Victor for not only for setting a good
example on the education and paths of young people but also for taking the time to contribute to us with their articles in the Resonator on work well done.

Max

PS--Rick has also provided some fun culture with his poetry. We can't say that our audience is not well versed, so to speak!
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

Yes, we need to be apprenticing the next generation of Hodie riders and wrenches.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

I enjoyed the first article! And my grandson show a bunch of his friends a copy I printed out for him!

I have a lot of photos of the Ace build, but since I still have to go back & do some tranny work, I don't consider it finished yet. Maybe when I'm done! ; D Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90