Hodaka 125 Combat Wombat Trials

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hodaka 125 Combat Wombat Trials

Post by admin »

Thank you Steve I have them posted here now. I sent you an email today also Steve about a great friend in Oregon that would love to speak with you about this bike please.
Thanks
Paul
Attachments
Steve FR.jpg
Steve F.jpg
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Steve Fracy wrote:Tonka sounds familiar for sure... the guy who rode these bikes up here and also at some point obtained all the remaining spares from the old dealer years ago is named Bill Miller. He had 2 of these bikes back then.
It's a small, small (Hodaka) world.

I met Bill Miller's son at a bike show a couple of years ago. After that I was also in contact with Bill -- my plan is to interview him for the Hodaka Club newsletter, The Resonator Revisited.
Steve Fracy

Post by Steve Fracy »

Bill is a really great guy and will be a wealth ok knowledge about Hodaka's in our area. His son Mark also rode one of these bikes. Thank you to everyone who has been so helpful. What a good bunch you are. The bike is now sold. I am extremely pleased where it is going as well and in time you will all be able to see it totally restored as it should be.

Steve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you Steve. Your reputation has you as a "great guy" in the sport and I can verify this. I promise that you will not be disappointed in meeting the new buyer. Gives him and his wife a great reason to get a passport and visit your beautiful country.I hope to meet you someday face to face and say thank you in person.
Paul
mac

Post by mac »

There has been a pretty good discussion and some confusion on the origins of these bikes over on Trials Central.

From what I read on here,I think the last fellow to post over on TC has the history of it correct now.I am glad to see Steve find a good home for it with a true Hodaka fan.
Charlie Prescott

Post by Charlie Prescott »

Hi Guy's.
Interesting story.
There still seems to be some confusion over here UK, about the connection to the Dalesman machines that were said to be sent over to the USA, can anyone throw any information about them?

Regards Charlie.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Charlie i know nothing about the Dalesman machines coming to the USA but if there is a connection would love to know more. The bike that started this thread from Steve was a "Sprite" with a Hodaka engine.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

So far as I know, Dalesman put together a prototype with Hodie engine. But I'm not aware of any production machines.
Keep the rubber side down!
ossa95d

Post by ossa95d »

I rode a Dalesman trials bike back in about 1972 for a dealer but it had a Sachs engine.
Ivan AKA "Pop"
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

I've seen Dalesman with Sachs and Puch motors.
Charlie Prescott

Post by Charlie Prescott »

Hi Guy's.
Thank's Bullfrog.
I can't find anymore information about the Dalesman production Hodaka's.

I think Deryk Wylde must have been mistaken, but seems to remember the owner of Dalesman telling him that a bunch of bikes were sent to the USA and he never got paid for them.
But as you say, I think there was now only one built with a Hodaka engine fitted.

Regards Charlie.