The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Tom S.

Post by Tom S. »

Hi, everyone. After many decades of owning and riding motorcycles and other two-wheelers, I purchased my first Hodaka product just last week. Back in the day, a friend's big brother raced an Ace 100, and my uncle had a Super Rat that he let me ride a few times.

My bike is an SMS Products Trailmaster 80 minibike. It's powered by an 80cc Hodaka w/3-speed transmission. I bought it from a friend in Astoria, Ore., which is where I believe it was manufactured in around 1964 - '65. I'm excited to learn more about it and about Hodakas in general.

This bike's engine turns over freely. It makes compression and a fat spark and shifts through all of the gears. I have no immediate plans to restore it. There are several other bikes in line ahead of it. But I will probably try to get it running before long.

Here are a couple of photos of my bike, a copy of a magazine ad and a photo of a restored example that I found online.

thrownchain

Re: New Member

Post by thrownchain »

You should bring it to Hodaka Days.
Tom S.

Post by Tom S. »

thrownchain wrote:You should bring it to Hodaka Days.
Thanks. I'll consider that. The last time I had to go to Athena on a work assignment I got caught in a big dust storm. :lol: What premix ratio do these bikes use? I've got a can of 32:1 ready for my kid's CR250, and another can of 45:1 for my leaf blower.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

I'd go with the 32:1.
kc57

Post by kc57 »

Hi Tom

Welcome to the forum ! Looks like a fun project.

K.C.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Welcome, and that does look fun!

Max