Editing your own post?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
bchappy

Editing your own post?

Post by bchappy »

I am not seeing an Edit Button on my posts. I see a "Delete post" and "Report this post" button. Do I need to do something in my profile to see an Edit Button? I made a simple spelling error and had to delete it and start over (I thought I had copied the text but it would not paste, so I had to type it all over again. "Bummer" as I don't like to type. :x
Bill Chapman, Monument, CO
Raced and Modified Hodakas in Statesville NC back in the day.
BrianZ

Re: Editing your own post?

Post by BrianZ »

As long as you are logged on, there is a red button at the top of your post labelled "Edit!". This button should allow you to edit your post.

Brian
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

I noticed that the post counter does not increment on the new forum. It took me quite a while to reach GOD status on the old forum, now I'm back to mere mortal. :cry:

Brian
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

Below is a screen print if the post I was talking about. Where is the Edit button? The 2 buttons I see are Delete post and Report this post.
Edit Screen.jpg
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

There should be an edit button to the left of your avatar. Are you sure you are logged in?

Brian
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

I am logged in and the Delete post button pops up but not the Edit button. I still wonder if I have something set wrong in my profile. I am on a laptop currently and it is the same as my desktop.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

test
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

What did your test turn up? Mine still does not show an Edit button. Am I being discriminated against? Do we really want to see all my spelling errors? Please let me correct them!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Bill,
We have contacted the tech people with the forum. It might be a couple days before we have an answer. There are a lot of issues we need to address for the forum and new site. We knew this was coming but until it goes live you cannot anticipate all the troubles. Our main focus today is getting back to all the price quotes and getting all orders shipped out. This weekend we are catering a Wine festival in Saratoga NY so time is not on our side to solve the problems with the forum. Maybe we can all use this thread to point out the issues you all see so my tech folks can see it and fix it from here.
Thanks for your understanding
Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here is what our IT tech person had to say;

Hi Patti,

Avatars must be 90x90 pixels, with a maximum file size of 6 KB. Members can edit their avatar by logging in, clicking User Control Panel (second from the left on the navigation bar below the SH banner), clicking on the Profile tab, and then Edit Avatar on the left side bar. Then they upload the image by clicking Choose File, selecting a file, and then submitting it.

Members can view their post counter by going to the User Control Panel, which will immediately bring you to the Overview Front Page where it states your total posts under Activity. Members can view other members' total posts by clicking on their username, and looking under User Statistics.

I edited the settings to allow editing of posts.
Let me know if there's anything else!
Kaity
bchappy

Post by bchappy »

I just did a test and then deleted it as it was the same. I only have a Delete post button and a Report this post button. I do not have an edit button when I Submit a post. If I am the only one that has this problem maybe I should just delete my membership and sigh up again. I was one of the first to sign up and maybe everything wasn't working then.

Paul and Patti: just add this to the list and don't spend time for this when there is other things that need your time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bill we will try and get Kaity into the shop tomorrow to look into this and a bunch of other issue's we see that need attention. I would love to get this solved ASAP. Sorry for the troubles.
Sincerely
Paul