old man going north

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Re: old man going north

Post by hodakamax »

I always gotta ask, how long has that car been sitting there and were you the last to drive it? The truck looks like it's still movin'. Operational? Holy Mackerel! It's a White! What Year? How much are the payments?

Maxie
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

The model T I got it in about 1955, primed with zinc chromemate and Painted with Duco I think , used a brush. The body work was a hammer and a flatiron (bad), last drove it in 1972. I think the white is a 1947. On to hodakas. ---------------Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

So much for ice skating as the situation has gone down hill even further. Just as The Old Man arrives at ice-out, he left for points South today after ice-in with his bird friends I suppose. We did get the Hodaka painting gear out in anticipation of Spring or at least warmer weather. The last one he painted in the driveway was in February. I've got the 2 the Max project in line primed and ready. He'll be back soon.

Max and Eweleen
Attachments
DSCN3482.jpg
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Well when he gets back use him quick and send him North, the snow is building up and I am running behinds. He's definitely not in the best of shape but he is the best there in for the price he charges. -------------- Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Well, it appears that all of The Old Man's birdy friends didn't flee South with him. Some are still here for free food like he was. The Hodaka shed is not looking too inviting this morning and I'm starting to see why The Old Man left in such a hurry yesterday.

Maxie
Attachments
The Old Man's friends
The Old Man's friends
Cold Hodaka shed
Cold Hodaka shed
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Hey Clarence, What is this? After The Old Man went South, I found this in the fridge. Seriously? Who would pay for zucchini? I'm still zucchinied out from last Summer. Well, The Old Man still has his sense of humor it seems and I'm plotting some really good ones for his return. I did find some funny wind-up mice to use in the guest room when the time comes. Hey Ed, need any mulch?

Maxie
Attachments
It arrives even in Winter, probably some sort of cruel joke.
It arrives even in Winter, probably some sort of cruel joke.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Thanks for the offer Maxie, but the mul . ., er, um Zucchini crop was good in our area so I've been able to source plenty of mulch.
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Surprise, surprise! 66 degrees today and The Old Man shows up ready to paint. He must hover on the minimum temperature to paint line as he migrates back and forth, North and South. The temperature was good, extremely low humidity, but the wind was howling. I found the Ace Hodaka paint rotisserie apparatus and set him up indoors. He even had a can of Rust-oleum Safety Red in his suitcase, probably the one I was missing last time he went North.

I must say he did lay some nice coats on the 2 the Max project and I was extremely satisfied. He only stayed long enough to paint and run. The Old Man was headed North to see Clarence he said. 8-)

Max
Attachments
Another fine paint job by The Old Man.
Another fine paint job by The Old Man.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

After that slick paint job on the 2 the Max thing, I've not seen hide nor hair of The Old Man. He's clear to the bottom of page 2. If we don't get a telegram from him soon we should send out the search party. Any reports up there Clarence? 8-)

Maxie
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Well he did stop by.. I told him it is just too darn cold to be riding the freight train. We cooked up some frozen zucchini but it just turned into cloggy looking soup with a terrible taste. Last seen at wallies world holding up a sign Hodaka parts for sale. Must be some of yours, cause I am not missing many. It has warmed clear up to 20 degrees today, but not warn enough to paint, I like it to be over 60 degrees to paint. I see better with the sun than I do with my shop lighting. The old man loosened up a little and told me the friends he once had, called him Charlie. ------Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Hey Clarence! It's getting time to start talking about finishing the house painting that the Old Man was working on last year but never finished. I think I scared the Old Man off last year by assigning him the high parts to paint while I painted the lower trim. Now it's almost crappie and mushroom time and turkeys soon to hunt. I'm sure not going to be available with all this hunting/foraging going on. So Clarence, send him my way when he's done shoveling snow. Might as well get him started as I have things to do and people to see as in Hodaka Days. By the way, frogs singing here, the prairie is starting to sprout after an early burn and Wood ducks and Hooded Mergansers are checking out nesting sites in trees and nest boxes. Wild plums blooming. Just procrastinating the idea of painting and watching Spring happen.

Maxie
Attachments
Spring has sprung on the farm.
Spring has sprung on the farm.
MTrat

Post by MTrat »

Is the Old Man's cousin Russian? There were a couple of suspect messages on here earlier that were expunged later but had me wondering. Maybe we were hacked....
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Mt rat you miss read it his last name is Rushanie . But if firetrucks go by your house super fact they could be rushen at ant flats. I do not know what exsponged means. We are into our second crop of the year here in Montana, Mud. ------ Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

The Old man is around and today I sent him to our wetland with a camera to see what was going on with all that honking. Later he came back with a few shots. Here they are. Not bad for the Old Man. We might keep him for awhile. He might amount to something yet.

Maxie
Attachments
Time to bail!
Time to bail!
Different styles of Jumping
Different styles of Jumping
Launched and away!
Launched and away!
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

Berrry Interesting! (In my best Sgt. Shultz voice).

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

:lol: Funny Victor! Not a bad impression!
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Max must be a year has past, we were talking about geeses not to long past. Looking forward to seeing you at the days, I could sure use the old man during the liquidation phase, I will post some pictures, it covers acres, old bicycles, motorcycles, old cars, trucks and equipment plus about 4000 hubcaps. A nice MG midget British racing green and a couple of Triumph Spitfires. I will do up a video so you know what I am up against. Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I did take The Old Man turkey hunting this morning and called in this long beard for him. He had forgotten his shotgun shells but I did bag the gobbler with the trusty Nikon. At least no animals were harmed in our hunt. 8-)

Maxie

Gotta keep this off of page two.
Attachments
Gobbler spared!
Gobbler spared!
givergas

Post by givergas »

a great shot, Nicer to clean with the Nikon too..... Albert
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

The word is out that the Old Man will be traveling North to Hodaka Days. He says he's signed up for the Black Rock Ride. He does have boots and helmet packed. He says Clarence has an extra cot in the campground. My wife says we're not camping out but we'll be wandering around also. Sounds like a wild time, humor the old man for us! He does spin some good tales I must say!

Maxie
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Mayhem has returned to the property. Mr. Raccoon has been bad again. The wife is furious! Ah, but the Old Man is an expert trapper and I put him on the problem. This guy's night of terror at the bird feeder is over. The Old Man and I are off for a great breakfast and raccoon release on the other side of town! What fun!

Maxie
Attachments
Naughty culprit.
Naughty culprit.
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Maxie, it would be interested if you could tag the little burglar before release - a notch on the ear, a blast of spray paint on the back - just to see if he makes his way back to your place. My understanding is that they will seemingly magically travel incredible distances to return "home".
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Matt, we've considered that many times. These guys are scary enough to release let alone mark. Ill tempered to say the least! Hopefully he's learned his lesson but there does seem to be an inexhaustible supply! The saga continues.

Maxie
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Hey Maxie, A revolving door situation, me thinks. I hate to think of dispatching them to the great corn crib in the sky, but the exterminator that "relocated" a family of six from my attic said there is no point on Planet Earth where they will be incapable of returning from once released. Tough situation.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Here's todays participant. Hmm, they all look alike. I always try to take them to greener pastures. At least the problem goes away for awhile. Off twelve miles to breakfast on the other side of town with raccoon in tow!

Maxie
Attachments
#2 in this round!
#2 in this round!