super rat fenders

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
fullchoke

super rat fenders

Post by fullchoke »

In lieu of the fact that they are so hard to find, are there other hodaka models that are very similar or maybe the same except for the holes? Are there any plans to reproduce them at Strictly Hodaka?
fullchoke

Re: super rat fenders

Post by fullchoke »

Can anyone post the dimensions of a real oem rear Super Rat fender?
fullchoke

Re: super rat fenders 93

Post by fullchoke »

Can anyone post the dimensions of a real oem rear Super Rat fender?
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

I don't any others are close. Some of the good metal workers can cut one of the others down and make one that looks pretty dang good.
MWL

Post by MWL »

26 1/4" from end to end measured straight across and 8 1/2" deep.

Mike
lc4mike

Post by lc4mike »

The Ace 100B+ front fender is identical to the 93 Super Rat with the exception of lower holes and an inner support strap predrilled for a mud flap. Some options I have done on restorations; remove the lower strap, fill the holes with stainless rod and polish. Metal shop did this for me for $40. Hodaka stainless fenders can be straightened and re-polished to NOS standards. I purchased a used one of eBay for $20 and had a metal shop with an English hammer restore the fender to near perfect for $100, OR purchase an NOS Ace100B+ fender from Bill at Hodaka Parts and add the mud flap, which he also sells.
fullchoke

Post by fullchoke »

Thanks for all the replies. I have a fender that is very close to the dimensions Mike provided. Mine is 27" measured straight across and 8.5" tall. It is stainless with only the mounting holes. It has a rolled over lip on the bottom that makes it look factory. This fender was on my sons combat wombat but it is too short and he wants the correct one. I'll see tomorrow how the mounting holes match up. That is good news about the front too. Thanks everyone!
Gary G

Post by Gary G »

The dirt squirt rear is close to the super rear rear. The arc is a little larger. Use the mounting holes on the dirt squirt for the back number plate bracket and drill two new holes for mounting. It's close.

I have a super rat rear that is in tough shape but may be able to be repaired by the right person.

Gary
rlkarren

Post by rlkarren »

I have a Combat Wombat rear fender available that I was going to use for this same idea. I found that it had a larger Arc to it and wouldn't look right. Besides it's in great shape and would hate to cut it down.

Oh.. and did I mention I could use a Super Rat rear fender in better shape than I have?
I think you get the hint... ;-)

Roger
fullchoke

Post by fullchoke »

yeah, but then while my son would have his fender, I would not have mine. I would like to find a combat wombat rear fender for sale for him.
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

I was looking for a rear fender for a 1972 93B Rat and found out this info.
The curvature, width and the distance from the frame mount to the end of the
fender are the same. which is identical to the 94 Wombat fenders,
except for the tail light holes in the Wombat fender. Those can be
disguised by putting oval buttons like things from True Hardware.
MTRob