Parts for sale/Wanted

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Charlie R

Parts for sale/Wanted

Post by Charlie R »

Are there any rules regarding selling,swapping or hunting parts here? I'm thinking it's better to ask first.....Thanks!

Charlie R.
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
Zyx

Re: Parts for sale/Wanted

Post by Zyx »

Perhaps on the marketplaces but someone in admin would have the best answer.
Charlie R

Post by Charlie R »

Thanks Greg! The reason I was asking is the Marketplace specifically states no parts are to be listed for sale. No worries!

Charlie R.
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

Oh. Maybe we need another sub-category of parts for sale. Or, this may cut too close to the parent function. Paul has final say.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

It seems like trying to sell parts here would be somewhat like walking into the TCBS (The Country's Best Yogurt) shop and asking around if anyone would like a Dairy Queen Dilly Bar. ;)

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Ed well said.
Charlie I can appreciate getting the parts out to the Hodaka faithful. But by allowing people to post parts for sale here directly competes with what we do. We sell parts that help to pay for more parts which pays for the hosting of this discussion group etc..
I figured allowing a free service to help folks sell their Hodaka's and then to find the Hodaka they are wanting is a good thing and helps but does not compete directly with us.
If SH is to continue it needs to sell parts if it doesn't then I am back to work at the sausage company :-) Dang it is always cold in there.

Thanks for understanding
Paul
Charlie R

Post by Charlie R »

Ed, you kill me! That was funny, I don't care who you are :lol: Actually, I was referring more to the used parts market but I completely understand. I was looking for something but wanted to check before I posted anything. No worries here guys!

Charlie
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Paul has a pretty good supply of used parts that he'd like to thin out. If he can't help, then maybe a wanted request might be made for you. Selling your used parts on the site cuts into his ability to sell off his stash.
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

There is a new Hodaka only classified page http://www.hodakaclassified.com/ sell your stuff here.
Kelly
Charlie R

Post by Charlie R »

Thanks Kelly. I'll check it out.
Charlie R.
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
Charlie R

Post by Charlie R »

Kelly, I tried the site but it isn't real user friendly. I have found this site....vintagedirtbikeforums.com.,check them out. Not a lot of recent traffic but it allows for the searching and selling of used parts. Ebay is too expensive to use at 15-20% sellers fees. I have seen a lot of posting here for parts that I have but do not want to violate forum rules. Thanks all!

Charlie R
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I think it's time for a website for Charlie. I visited Charlie's shop recently and was overwhelmed by the sheer mass of motorcycle parts new and used. Charlie still has unopened boxes of parts. Charlie is also a clever fabricator and inventor. One product I was impressed with was a chain tensioner of his design. Charlie's place is like a museum of old parts, engines, bikes and projects. Rare things were everywhere like a NOS Webco 125 kit and a rare NOS close ratio 5-speed that I grabbed up for my old short tracker. I don't know if he's promoting his services but he is set up to to bore, rebuild shifter cases, rebuild cranks, lace wheels, special pipe bending and other cool fab stuff.

This is not an ad for Charlie, It's a realization that he is an incredible resource for vintage parts and services that are hard to find. I don't see him as a threat to other vendors because competition only provides more resources to put vintage bikes back into use. A simple website would put him on the internet search engine.

Max

PS--I too tried Hodaka classified and it's still not organized or maybe user friendly is the word.
Charlie R

Post by Charlie R »

Thanks Max. I did have a website for 3 years but it didn't generate any real traffic to speak of so I closed it. As you can imagine (and remember, you only got a partial look!) I'm a bit overwhelmed and overrun in the small shop that I have now. Not to mention that I still need to move the rest of the bikes, parts and equipment from my old shop. I guess what I'm trying to say is the time has come for me to decide what I want to do or rather what I have to do. If I restored all the bikes that I've been hanging onto I still wouldn't have a place to store them! I do enjoy the fabrication and mechanical processes the most but I don't have room to use the equipment I have......somethings gotta give. I afraid the old adage,as it applies to me, sometimes too much of a good thing is still too much! :D Thanks for letting me ramble!

Charlie R
Charlie R.
Broken Arrow, OK
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

Charlie
If you have that many parts, I have been looking for a 1972 93B Super Rat Rear fender for a couple of years, can't find one. Don't want to buy and get in trouble but Iam willing to trade. I think you asked me for a 94 Wombat pipe a few months ago still have 2 one nice.
email me
thanks
MTRob
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

If anyone has a suggestion for making the Classified site more user friendly, let me know. I built it as a service to Hodaka Owners and it is provided at no charge to buyers and sellers. I will put more effort into it if there is interest.

Thanks.
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
"You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape . . ."
MWL

Post by MWL »

Gary
I thought the site turned out great. I have posted items for sale and bought a part off the site that I have been looking for. Thanks for all your effort.
Mike
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Makotosun wrote:If anyone has a suggestion for making the Classified site more user friendly, let me know. I built it as a service to Hodaka Owners and it is provided at no charge to buyers and sellers. I will put more effort into it if there is interest.

Thanks.
Gary, sign in wasn't clear, a window was partially blocking the part of the page, when I did get on , my name was my E-mail, when I got to the products it said 1 of 12 pages but only the first one would show. I tried to change my name and got a extremely long line to type in via E-mail. I gave up and started over but it wouldn't accept my E-mail because it was already taken. It's not that I haven't tried but I do give up easily. Your idea is great but I gave up. Maybe it's just me, but I can usually figure it out. If all that can be cancelled I'd try again!

Max
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

Check your messages. We will get you fixed right up! ;)
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Customer service is alive and well. Gary at Hodaka Classified contacted me and quickly got me operational on the site. This looks a good place for everybody to sell and buy our Hodaka wares. Thanks Gary! Aka," Makotosun".

Maxie
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

Thanks. We aim to please :)
swimmer_spe

Post by swimmer_spe »

admin wrote:Thanks Ed well said.
Charlie I can appreciate getting the parts out to the Hodaka faithful. But by allowing people to post parts for sale here directly competes with what we do. We sell parts that help to pay for more parts which pays for the hosting of this discussion group etc..
I figured allowing a free service to help folks sell their Hodaka's and then to find the Hodaka they are wanting is a good thing and helps but does not compete directly with us.
If SH is to continue it needs to sell parts if it doesn't then I am back to work at the sausage company :-) Dang it is always cold in there.

Thanks for understanding
Paul
If we have a pile of parts that we would like to get rid of, would you be willing to pay a wholesale price for what it would go for on this site?

An example would be if I had a widget, that I do not need as it wont fit my bike, but I want to get rid of it, if the widget sells for $10, and you would pay wholesale $4, would you pay that?

Once I figure out what doesn't fit my father's bike, I would like to get rid of the rest to those that may need it.