Chrome polish

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
BrianZ

Chrome polish

Post by BrianZ »

Surprisingly, I haven't seen the topic of chrome polish come up on this forum (at least not lately). I have been using a product called Blue Magic. It works pretty good, but I'm always on the lookout for other products. I've tried Mothers but in my opinion the Blue Magic works much better. Years ago I used Turtle Wax chrome polish and really liked it, but I haven't seen it in stores for a long time. Any others?

Brian
Pep

Re: Chrome polish

Post by Pep »

Simichrome.
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Semi chrome is really good on aluminum but on chrome I have found FLITZ to work best
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

I found a product around 20 years ago called BRASSO its been around for over a 100 hundred years and really works great. Alot of the top classic car restores use it, even Overhauling uses it. It cleans & Polishes Brass, Stainless, Chrome, Aluminum, And Pewter. Some of you will say never heard of it and some will say yes, works great . You can find it on Amazon or sometimes for local auto dealer store.
MTRob
Pep

Post by Pep »

I like Brasso too. For chrome, seems to me nothing beats Simichrome. Though I also use a lot of the Turtle Wax Chrome Polish, which works really, really well. Barkeeper's Friend does a nice job when dealing with a lot of surface rust.
Never heard of FLITZ, now I've gotta try it. Good info!
FWIW, I've used Mother's Mag Polish for aluminum and mag stuff (not chrome!!) and have found it to do an outstanding job.
RHall1972

Post by RHall1972 »

I use Noxon 7 on the tank. Turtle Wax on the rest.