Bonanza!

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Pep

Bonanza!

Post by Pep »

Look what I found today:
IMG_6959.JPG
I know ZERO about them, but I'd like to rehab this lump of coal into a diamond someday (or maybe at least a cubic zirconia... :lol: )
Any tips on what model this might be (mini cross?) or advice on restoration would be appreciated...
Laurie
socalhodaka

Re: Bonanza!

Post by socalhodaka »

Talk to Greg and Diane at Hodaka Days. I think Greg knows alot.
edharley

Post by edharley »

Laurie, the oldminibikes.com forum will be your best friend. There is a ton of info in the archives. I learned a lot by researching the archives when going through a Bonanza mini chopper.
kc57

Post by kc57 »

Now that's a project ! I agree OldMinibikes.com is a great resource. There is a member on the site that repop's the gas tanks and possibly the seat. The exhausts can be $$$ . http://www.bonanzaminiparts.com/ also has everything . First pic is a shot of my Bonanza 1300sh. Second pic is mx1410 which has a 5hp tecumseh. Lastly is a MX 1510 which has an Ace 100. If you have any ?'s feel free to contact me . K.C.
Attachments
bonanza 001.JPG
bonanza_mx_1410.jpg
bonanza1.jpg
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Wow, the Hodaka powered version looks to be very wheelie prone! :o

Maxie
kc57

Post by kc57 »

Max , I have often thought that whoever bought these must not have liked their kids very much :D . Seriously way too much power, for small wheels , a single 5" brake and very little suspension. But I had to have one for myself. K.C.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Indeed KC, If If remember correctly I ordered a couple of Bonanzas in the day but I think they were the Tecumseh version. I can't imagine the Hodaka powered version. Wow, that was a long time ago! Anyway they look way dangerous looking back! :lol:

Max