Bob who?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
RichardMott

Bob who?

Post by RichardMott »

This weekend was the Tri-State-trialers annual event in Centerville, DE. The weather was wonderful. 65 and not a cloud in the sky. There were 11 sections with 3 loops
Our own Bob Brooks from Maryland was there on his Tadpole Ace 100 trials bike. Bob is recovering from a broke collar bone suffered earlier this year. He was at Hodaka Day in June, but was only able to ride in the parade.
Presumably his bike was built to the Hodaka Resonator specs from the 1970s.
Bob not only took first place in the Vintage 4 class with only 2 points, but his bike won the coolest bike award. Just a little history on this award. Dave Perrett's Pogo Hodaka 125 and Rick Mott's Ace 100 Spyder have both won this award in years past.

I took a photo of Bob on his bike in front of the check in stand before the event, but I am unable to post it. I can see it in the thumbnail, but it will not fully display when I open it. The bottom 2/3 is just grey. I tried emailing and opening it on my computer. No dice. Too bad. If I ever get it fixed, I will post it. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it, please let me know.
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Re: Bob who?

Post by Bullfrog »

Bob's Tadpole is a highly personalized machine. While there are quite probably many touches on the machine which can be related to the modification specs published by PABATCO in the 1970's . . . there are many things which are Bob's own interpretation of how to go about building a trials machine.

Good to hear that Buddy Seat Bob is up and at 'em again!!

Other's will be of more assistance than I am regarding posting photos . . . but my first guess is that the file size is too large. If you re-size the photo to be smaller, web applications often will work with it better.

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
rdbrooks14

Post by rdbrooks14 »

Thanks Rick, it was a great event and a great day. Such fun...

Yes Ed, the Tadpole is certainly personal preference and lack of skill with a torch...

We have gone round and round on my design. It is fun and it turns heads for the brand. I can't ride trials worth a hoot any way so I am good with my limitations..

I did do many of the tips from the original pamphlet though. The waterproofing, air cleaner extension, the pipe design is classic, 18 inch rear wheel, so on...

The rest was all me. FYI, did two loops of over 3 miles each and 11 sections per on less than 1 1/2 gallon tank of gas LOL

Bob

Here is a side-by-side of my two Ace 100s. The Tadpole and the Original Recipe! Notice what is on the luggage rack of the stock Ace Ed?
20140914_110800.jpg
Bob in MD
39F
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

I was finally able to get a photo of Bob at the trials last month.
Attachments
Bob Brooks
Bob Brooks
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!