Ace 100 petcock leak

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
megawat

Ace 100 petcock leak

Post by megawat »

Took pet cocks apart, checked, cleaned and reinstalled with new gaskets, still leak, any suggestions appreciated.
Don
RichardMott

Re: Ace 100 petcock leak

Post by RichardMott »

Some have posted that using low abrasive valve lapping compound was a good way to get them to stop leaking. New ones from SH are not that expensive.
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
Zyx

Post by Zyx »

Are they leaking into the fuel line, or out the face of the valve, or between tank and petcock?
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

On one of my tanks I ordered new petcocks from Paul and cleaned the hole and installed them one was leaking so I tightened it tighter to no help still leaked. I finally put JB weld all around it and it hasn't leaked at all. Don't know how long it will last put so far so good.
MTRob
Dale

Post by Dale »

To avoid seepage from the threads, apply a little soft set thread sealant made for fuels. I have a tube called Gasoila. It really works.
Dale
Dale
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

I did that to. Put a sealant on the treads, it still leaked. It was leaking from around the nut welded to the tank. Either get it re welded or use JB weld.
I have 3 more tanks I got cleaned up put don't know if they will leak until gas in the tank.
MTRob
RHall1972

Post by RHall1972 »

I had the same issue with a tank a couple of years ago. Applied JB Weld around the circular perimeter and the repair is still holding fine.