Hodaka Club constitution change election

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Stever

Hodaka Club constitution change election

Post by Stever »

Hello, friends. I've gotten a couple of emails to vote on a club constitution change. I'm not very active but want to see the Hodaka Club thrive well into the future. Would anyone care to post a thought or two about the pros and cons of this proposal? Especially, what do the folks who have done the organizing and the work involved in the club up to now think?

Thank you,

SteveR
taber hodaka

Re: Hodaka Club constitution change election

Post by taber hodaka »

SteveR formally what position do you serve in our Hodaka club organization? What proposal, who is carrying this proposal forward? The folks that who have done the organizing and the work involved in the club up to now should be the first one sharing concerns. I for myself think things are going very well. Whats the problems? Whats the proposal the needs or concerns. I do not have a copy of the club constitution Can you provide me one? --- Clarence
Stever

Post by Stever »

Hello Clarence,
I serve no formal or informal position. I am simply a member, I love Hodaka motorcycles and appreciate the fun and friendships that I have long associated with them. I have reread my post and I think that I was clear in asking what those who have carried the load so far prefer.
Someone is asking members (at least this one) to vote on a change, I have received two emails so far, and although I am nobody I figured I should try to participate, as requested. If you have not received these emails, then perhaps what I received is spam and others should be warned? Today's email is shown below. I added the x's to the link

Dear Steve,

The Hodaka Club is currently holding an important election to determine if the club constitution should be changed to add up to four more board members.

Constitution changes require a two-thirds majority vote of all members in good standing – not just a simple majority of votes. We have approximately 350 members.

At this time we only have 71 members who have voted and voting ends February 14th.

We'd like this decision to reflect the true wishes of the members and not be dictated by a low voter turnout. Let us know how you feel.

Please vote!

The complete description of the proposed changes and the electronic ballot can be found at:

xxxxxxhttps://xxxxxxxwww.hodakaclub.org/Sys/Poll/41443xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for participating.
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

Any word on the vote results for this issue? Is there a consensus? :ugeek: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
gregg_floren

Post by gregg_floren »

The vote was substantially in favor of adding the additional board members, but the yes votes weren't near the 2/3 active members threshold required to amend the constitution, so it failed.

We are aware that about the same time the vote was happening, our Internet hosting service tightened their security, which required password resets for some members resulting in them not being able to log in. We're researching what happened and why. Also, some information was circulating that the password reset emails from the service provider as well as the election emails themselves were spam or phishing, so some people just stayed away.

Once we get the security issues resolved, the board may decide to resubmit the question.

Complete results will be in the next resonator.

Gregg
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

I have been apart of several clubs and organizations, getting people to participate is an uphill battle most times. To get your required 2/3 of the members is 234, I hope for the best in doing so.