SURVEY SAYS

Post by taber hodaka »

Survey counter . Reader Count.
dirty_rat

Re: SURVEY SAYS

Post by dirty_rat »

Has been rather quiet on here!
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

I'm watching.
Keep the rubber side down!
Dale

Post by Dale »

The silence is deafening! I don't like it...
Still checking in every day from here.
Dale
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

I stop by here every day to see what’s been posted, don’t always log in, but I’m here .
givergas

Post by givergas »

so my trouble started in early October. i was working on my 03 pretty regularly . then a logger friend of mine called and told me he was working 10 miles north of where i live here in central Minnesota and he had a big black ash tree if i wanted it and if i needed fire wood i could come up and cut all the fire wood i want , all he asked was for me to make them something , i spent all free time making 3 portable wood desks for the 3 main guys. so dropped every thing and got the ash tree , it was in 5 - 8 foot lengths and brought then to a guy i know with a sawmill , and since then ive dropped off and had made into lumber 6 other logs , then every day after that i went and cut fire wood . i took the grandson so him and i would cut to fill my 8 x 10 trailer up and some in the truck to then come home un load get ready for the next day , sharpen saw and what not, then in the middle of that we had company come and stay for 2 weeks , i did get them help a couple of times . it got to where i was cutting the wood in 8 foot lengths having the skidder guy put them in the trailer so any way i got a lot of fire wood . then spent a week or so with a wood splitter and split not quite half of it . so through all that the only time i had to work on the 03 was in the very early morning hours . i was told by my wife that i could not spend all my time working in the shop when we had guests . ok ok you know what ya going to do , so then the day after the company leaves our daughter informs us that she has breast cancer ,so stop the train what !! so now ive taken over my grandsons home schooling that takes up most of my morning , throw in a few days of being sick and now grandsons desk fell apart and since im the industrial arts teacher as well we are building a new desk for him , oak and cherry , and all the odd ball stuff a guy has going on at any given time and well i wasnt going to share but as were saying not much going on here right now . so that's my story and im sticking to it .... thanks for letting me rant albert
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Zowee Albert - it's a good thing there isn't much going on right now for you . . . cuz yer too dang busy to have things going on!

Keep the rubber side down . . . and Merry Christmas!
Ed

PS: Your "rant" makes me think of the Yogi Berry comment, "Oh no one goes to that restaurant anymore - there are too many people there."
Keep the rubber side down!
Larry S

Post by Larry S »

I almost NEVER post. I do so when I feel I have something to contribute. I like to post when I'm doing a new build/restoration. I monitor FB but don't post on the site.. There is so much bullshit there.

Larry S
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Max posts almost daily on Facebook's The Hodaka Fan Club and does check in here often. Found the Old Man the other day and chatted awhile. Put on a few projects to stir up the dust lately. Either too dull or no one watching. I see several looks but few replies. Try to post in the Resonator each round. Like the social part best as we didn't leave the place for a few years during the pandemic which BTW is still going strong. Fun Gang here for sure. Some crap on Facebook but scroll on and try to keep things fun. The Gang on FB is not easy on trolls and grumps. Conversations the big draw on FB along with "likes" (or not) of what you said. Come see us, we're there everyday, talking Hodaka. I'll keep checkin' on ya though! Maxie 8-)
Attachments
Today's FB post of a project!
Today's FB post of a project!
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

Larry and Maxie,
Boy are you guys right about Facebook. A lot of good info and contacts, but there's also a lot of totally uninformed people giving poor guidance and misinformation on there (and I'm just talking about bike related stuff). Some of the post read like the poster just finished a quart of Jack Daniels, followed by a case of beer as a chaser!!!
Always nice to check here for a sane conversation.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all.
MTrat

Post by MTrat »

I check the forum regularly. I did recently acquire a Dirt Squirt from Tom Rapp who bought it from Jim Pomeroy at Hodaka Days long ago. Tom had some good memories about Hodaka Days.
Merry Christmas, all you Hodaka people out there!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Larry S wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:53 pm I almost NEVER post. I do so when I feel I have something to contribute. I like to post when I'm doing a new build/restoration. I monitor FB but don't post on the site.. There is so much bullshit there.

Larry S
Kinda a social thing. Now that I met you at Hodaka Days once, I like to hear about your projects as I can put a face on you! Maxie 8-)
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

I read Maxie nearly every day on the club Facebook page! He’s always posting there.

Been a bit remiss about posting here. However, I’m glad to report I now have nearly all of the major missing part items for my 175SL which will arrive here in Early March! Obtained a tank, air box assembly, exhaust, oil tank and even the left side cover for the oil tank! A real piece of Unobtainium!!!

The seller was asking $99 plus shipping. Got him down to $75 shipped! A big Christmas thanks to whomever it was who posted that it showed up on eBay! I’d have to go back & look it up. But you know who you are!

Hoping to get the 175 done I time for Hodaka Days and make a stable runner out of her!

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo!!!

:ugeek: Victor
Attachments
B8AAFAFE-A617-40AE-92A2-31A5FE861736.jpeg

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt