Question for Gary

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
matt glascock

Question for Gary

Post by matt glascock »

Hi Gary, First, I love the current iteration of the forum. Much easier to read. Second, and here I go demonstrating my computer naivety, how difficult would it be to make the subjects in the Resonator index direct links to the actual article? More a "clickable" table of contents for the entire resonator series. It is easy enough to navigate back to the issues, but it would be a bit easier to refer to different articles by just rocking back and forth between the index and the articles. Thanks again Gery for a great upgrade to the forum!
Makotosun

Re: Question for Gary

Post by Makotosun »

Hi Matt. It is not horribly difficult, other than the format of the resonator is PDF. Ideally, and this is on the drawing board for the club membership site, is at least a clickable index, by article, to the correct issue. To go more granular would entail Bob providing the original articles in Word or similar so they could be individually posted and linked. I assume many of the original articles may no longer exist in native format.

It is possible to create indexed PDF files, so long as the existing PDF is compatible. But that would only get an index per issue. I think, and have always thought, such a compendium of indexed Hodaka knowledge would be invaluable. It is doable with enough time which seems to be in somewhat limited supply for me as I am still working daily.

I will certainly look more at the idea, as I agree it is a good one.
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
"You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape . . ."
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

I will add that the clickable index to the correct PDF by article is a feature of the work in progress club site . . .
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
"You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape . . ."
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Thanks so much Gary! The index great the way it is. Always looking for a better mousetrap.