AHRMA legal ?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
mac

AHRMA legal ?

Post by mac »

Has anyone ever used a Wombat frame for a 100cc class racer? Just wondering if ahrma allows it because of “like design”.
viclioce

Re: AHRMA legal ?

Post by viclioce »

I bet if you paint it Red they won’t even know the difference! :lol: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

The Dirt Squirt and Wombat frames are almost identical. The differences are the Dirt Squirt does not have a horn bracket and it has a shorter swing arm.

Brian
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Just for fun, Brian, you mentioned in your post, that the swing arm on the Dirt Sqt, was shorter than the Wombat, do you happen to have the exact measurements of each between mounting hole and the beginning of the rear axle plate. and are the axles the same size and the swing arm mounting bolt are they same size will these two swing arm interchange with out any major changes. Thanks, I see a few questions on swing arm diff, which will fit which frame. Maybe we can shed some lite in that area. Thanks Bruce.
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
mac

Post by mac »

I thought about doing that Victor lol. A Toad would be the best bet,but they are few and far between in the Midwest and my Ace is eating up all of my bike project mad money.
Forgot to add,thanks Brian for the info. If I find a cheap squirt frame that would be the easiest. I will contact ahrma and see what they say for future reference for others.
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Mac, Model #99 road toad frame and swing arms, I have several, if you would like to do that project let me know, very reasonable,$25.00+ frtg. just have to figure out the best and cheapest way to get it to you. Maybe thru someone you know or maybe yourself might be coming out to Hodaka Days that could take it back to you. Bruce Young 1--208--571--2823
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

The model 96 DS has a swing arm that measures 17.5" from the mounting hole center to the end of the swing arm. The model 94 Wombat and model 95 CW measure 18.5". I once put a longer swing arm on my DS, put 18" and 21" wheels on it, and installed a modified Ace motor with a Super Rat top end and reed valve. It was great little trail bike, and I used if for a vintage hare scramble. I eventually put the DS back to stock but still have all the extra parts sitting around until I can decide what to do with them.

FYI, the DS and CW frames are identical (other than the colour).

Brian
mac

Post by mac »

Thanks Bruce. I will call and discuss options. I,m waiting to hear back from ahrma and I,m also kicking around just getting another swing arm for the ace to beef up and lengthen for a cross country set up.
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

The model 96 Dirt Squirt frame is legal for AHRMA 100cc sportsman class. I have been running one for years with a Super Rat engine. No problems at all. You can even put the wombat swingarm on it (or lengthen the stock swingarm) and it is still legal. I have both and don't really notice a big difference between the two (but most of the tracks aren't high speed so that helps).
mac

Post by mac »

I,m waiting to hear back from the ahrma rules and eligibility committee to see if I can use my Wombat frame in the 100 class. He thought that it was a good question because it is basically the same as a Dirt Squirt.
I would have liked to of just ran my Ace in 100cc cross country and I still might,but it would have to probably be with a trials universal on the rear. Shame that a decent fitting knobby is so hard to come by.