Hodaka Calendar???

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
motovate

Hodaka Calendar???

Post by motovate »

Anyone know if there is going to be a Hodaka Calendar this year or is a thing of the past??

LBM
socalhodaka

Re: Hodaka Calendar???

Post by socalhodaka »

It was getting two hard to get quality photos, folks like the idea but didn’t submit photos, then folks complain about the photos that were in the calendar. I have a connection from FB that printed a nice vintage calendar for a really low price, lower then we had before. But just note sure if I’m ready to jump back in.
motovate

Post by motovate »

I understand. As it turns out I can't seem to find any Dual/Off Road /Road Racing, etc 2019 Calendars to buy - any where. I did see one Vintage MC on Facebook for $9 but it was sold out - gone gone gone.

The last one I got was 2018 Octane Press Adventure MC Calendar. Good quality Big Photos but does't seem to be available for 2019 - I think I paid $20-25 for it.

I know it is a big Ole PITA but I'd suspect if You shot your Bikes, Maybe Lee Fabry's, Greg Watkins, people you know who are close - who probably already have good Photos you could do a Great Hodaka Calendar - not necessarily a "Club" calendar- and sell them to Club Members and the General Public for 2020 it might pay off - especially if you presold them.
Maybe even hook Hodaka - Parts into it with their Race Bikes? Just an Idea. Heck you could probably do just a Lee Fabry calendar just with his existing photos. Just thinking I be glad to pre- order anyone of them.

Back to looking for any cool MC Calendars!

LBM
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

This isn’t the photo I would share, but I would gladly give a copy of a photo of my Green Road Toad! :ugeek: Victor
Attachments
286E7868-03F9-4D93-8121-79247D166421.jpeg

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

socalhodaka wrote:It was getting two hard to get quality photos, folks like the idea but didn’t submit photos, then folks complain about the photos that were in the calendar. I have a connection from FB that printed a nice vintage calendar for a really low price, lower then we had before. But just note sure if I’m ready to jump back in.
Kelly, there are a dozen or so pictures I shot at Hodaka Days and is in the current Resonator under "A Photographers View." They are available if needed for a Calendar, A different approach maybe. Not about me but there are some good representations of Hodakas in the shots. Just my input. Maxie
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Stu the "unofficial photog" for the club most likely has a bunch of photos that could be used , I'll contact him.
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

All of my Hodies are racing/working machines. Not a concours d'elegance bike in the herd. That being said, I have some really cool race bikes that I could get good, high-quality shots of - either posed or in combat. Personal preference here - I'd prefer Hodies in action or really cool modded bikes over pictures of perfect examples. Not that perfect examples are not cool or important - they are. A mix of all the above would probably be the best. Anyway, I would be happy to provide pictures of Hodies currently on the job.