frame identification

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
cuzncletus

frame identification

Post by cuzncletus »

I recently bought a Hodaka frame at a swap meet. I'm pretty sure it's off of an Ace or Rat, definitely not a Wombat. I need to buy parts for it, but there is no serial number on the frame as the i.d. tag is gone and there is no number stamped on the neck or support bracket. It has some of it's original red paint left on it. Any ideas on how to tell what year it is?
taber hodaka

Re: frame identification

Post by taber hodaka »

Check back behind where the left shock bolts on, a small aluminum plate or stamped. A & number is ace 90 up tp 17.000 plus then to ace 100. A & number stamped on the frame is ace 100. B & number is super rat. Clarence
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

cuzncletus, along with Mr
Tabors info, take a look at a Web site Hodaka-parts inc, Missouri, on their site, there is area you can see pictures of how to ID frames and engine numbers. Bruce Young
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

Photo
cuzncletus

Post by cuzncletus »

Thanks. Frame is an early Ace 90. Will Wombat triple trees fit on this frame?
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

When you say early ACE 90 what is the frame number. Bruce
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
cuzncletus

Post by cuzncletus »

A46**. Measuring the necks on the Ace frame and my 72 Wombat frame, they look the same.
Ga67

Post by Ga67 »

I have recently purchased a motorcycle it's been extremely hard to find out any info on bike the bike crankcase covers say hodaka on side an ace 100 on the other but the only i.d. marks on bike are 2mx4608 an this was on the frame right behind the motor can someone please help me understand what these numbers are
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Motor number is on the right side case half inboard of the clutch cable bracket on the clutch cover. May be covered in dirt, so clean the area. If the motor is correct it should start with P, then the number.
Ga67

Post by Ga67 »

Okay thank you for your response I will get a picture posted before I go to work it has a petty products fender on it the brake levers and closely or have a leather wrap around them very odd but cool bike has a Springer front end
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

You mean leading link? Looks like a swingarm on the forks?
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

GA67, the frame numbers you listed is not a Hodaka frame number. It sounds like you have one of the many aftermarket bikes (Steen, Van Tech, etc.) made with a Hodaka engine. Post a few pictures and someone will be able to ID it and give you information about it.