Hate to be a downer

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
SuperRat01

Re: Hate to be a downer

Post by SuperRat01 »

Yeah , it sucks living in an area where you can't even enjoy your dirt bikes. When my two girls still lived at home we always had four wheelers for them to ride, then it got to the point that every time we fired them up someone called the cops.I finally got rid of them, now there is no place to ride them anyway. Way back in 1974 I was 10 years old, I got stopped by the cops while riding my Yamaha 80, the cop ended up giving me four tickets!! That was the last time I stopped for cops when riding a dirt bike.
givergas

Post by givergas »

ive been wanting to jump in here, i also ride on the street yamaha 1100 and matt said pretty much my thoughts on the matter ride like everyone's gunning for you. i also had a good time with the motorcycle safety course. i asked one of the instructors why he did it and he said his brother died in a accident and he felt if he would of took this course he would still be alive. in fact after reading this think i will look for a class, cant hurt. i grew up in northern calif and we rode our bikes all over the place to , bahia, they were building houses out there and they never even looked our way as we tore up the place, china camp nother great place to ride , cow mountain, there was a some other place to on some ranch ,and end less fire roads, now they would just shoot you for the noise and smoke. as i got to the end of putting this hodaka together i started looking for places to ride here in Minnesota and was surprised that theirs quite a few. try looking on your state forest web sites. lots of miles of trails just north of me.. ride safe.. albert
SuperRat01

Post by SuperRat01 »

Givergas, first off, I am jealous that you grew up riding in California. I worked in California three or four months out of the year for twenty years in Lancaster and I dreamed of riding there but never had the opportunity. As far as riding in a designated area such as a Nation Forest , that is a two hour ride from here. Who would have thought twenty five years ago that all those great riding trials from my youth would be gone.
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

Croom should be within 30-45 minutes of anywhere in Hernando County. It's right at the intersection of I-75 and State Road 50. I know you have to buy a sticker for your bike to ride there (it's a State park, not a National park). I believe for the year the sticker is $80.
SuperRat01

Post by SuperRat01 »

I have heard about Croom to for years although I have never been in the park. It is quite a ride from the east coast. I understand it is a good place to ride.