Face to Face at Hodaka Days!

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Face to Face at Hodaka Days!

Post by hodakamax »

One of the fun parts of this great Hodaka Days adventure was meeting people that you had conversed with or were famous in the Hodaka world. I'm starting to sort pictures and here's a few! Clarence Taber was one at the top of the list and I was not disappointed. What a fun guy. Here's Clarence with his wonderful daughter Lori and his trusty Hodaka. Wow!

Maxie
Attachments
Clarence and Lori w/trusty Hodaka!
Clarence and Lori w/trusty Hodaka!
givergas

Re: Face to Face at Hodaka Days!

Post by givergas »

thanks to all for sharing your pictures.
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Harry Taylor should be remembered fondly , He was a big part of Hodaka days , he gave of himself alot . He was a great friend to me and taught me much as my mentor in porting , I miss him and Patty greatly . These pics I believe where from 2001

Rich
Attachments
100_4809.JPG
100_4810.JPG
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Rich you were missed. ------ Clarence
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Thank you. I probably wont be going there any longer either , I just cant afford it since i have been divorced , my income is from porting and carb work only and as you know porting is a luxury not a necessity not everyone needs it , but I do ok with that.

Rich
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Big fun meeting and riding with Kelly McKeirnan and his son for the first time!

Maxie
Attachments
DSCN4639 (1).jpg
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Well another Hodaka Days. What a good time it was! The best part is seeing all the friends we have met over the years. Seeing Max was like seeing someone you had seen many times before. I could not have had a better time. Every Hodaka had a special owner, even the dirt squirt owner. Bob is getting so good at auctioning, that I expect him to start a auction house. Would have been nice to have had Paul and Pattie there also. ------------Clarence
bobwhitman

Post by bobwhitman »

Thanks for the compliment, Clarence. Now if I could only remember what the last bid was...
Bob
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Dale Dvorak and his wife Joyce shot by Max at extreme lean angle, at least for knobbies, at a TT stop during Hodaka Days. The nicest of people! Dale furnished three different bikes for three different events, I owe him! Joyce and Dale also rode the Bad Rock with me in tow. What an adventure!

Maxie
Attachments
Joyce and Dale!
Joyce and Dale!
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

Hey Max was great to meet you too.
Reflecting on my Hodaka days Journey its hard to put anything at the top of the list. Meeting people with the same passion from Oregon ,Kansas , Mississippi , California and elsewhere in the USA was unforgettable . Riding up in the mountains on Bad Rock was awesome . I will forever carry some Athena dust in me! . I rounded a corner and saw the top of that hill from the Movie and was close to Hodaka Heaven. The ride was made perfect by the faultless Wombat I rode (thanks Jay). I guess its great to do Bad rock on lesser mounts but for an Aussie being up here on a Wombat was the best.
The street parade (where did all those people lining the streets come from?) The swap meet ,the raffle (I l wish I had bought a bigger suitcase to bring more stuff back in) and Athena ,Pendleton and Weston themselves were great .
The country around Athena is stunning . Beautiful wheat and pea crops (and wine grapes!) meant that I had to drag myself away a bit too look around . Having a beer in the Long Branch Saloon in Weston was so good I had to go back for more . Going to the MX track on the Sunday and asking where the Hodaka wharehouse had been (Right there behind you) . It was all great.
I dunno but might have to come back again...
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Hey Jack and Chris! What fun we all had in Pendleton and Hodaka Days! You two were the greatest! Glad you also had the Great Adventure. Come and see us, you are always welcome in our hearts and home!

Eweeen and Max
Attachments
JackAndChris.jpg
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Hard to miss Stu Gillard, the Hoadaka Days photographer. He was everywhere! Great stories swapped with Stu over breakfast. Great job Stu and a pleasure meeting you!

Max and Eweleen
Attachments
Hodaka Days photographer and nice guy, Stu Gillard
Hodaka Days photographer and nice guy, Stu Gillard
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Face to face with Ed Chesnut, Hodaka Days, taking a break by Dale Dvorak's Combat Wombat, both lookin' good for their age! Big fun meeting Ed after miles of conversation on the Hodaka Forum. A pleasure to meet you in person Ed!

Max and Eweleen
Attachments
Ed with Dale's Combat Wombat!
Ed with Dale's Combat Wombat!
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

. . . gathering up near a beautiful Combat Wombat is just about as good a gathering place as you can imagine! It was a pleasure talking with you Maxie! Have you been able to wean off the medication for the chronic smile pain?
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

:D Actually still smiling! What a great top-ten life experience I must say! I procrastinated way too long for that Great Adventure! One more Wow!
Maxie
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

Thanks for posting the pics and words Max.
I am in China now working for the next 6 weeks.
Very Different from Athena! Although they do drive on the same side of the road as you guys.
looking forward to going back to Australia and playing with the Hodies again.
In the meantime getting my Hodaka fix here!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Big fun meeting Lee Fabry, Kelly in this shot also! Lee had a bunch of cool Hodakas on hand. Nice showing Lee and nice meeting you face to face!

Maxie
Attachments
Lee and Kelly!
Lee and Kelly!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Chuck Swanson, one of the fathers of the Hodaka motorcycle. What an honor to meet and ride in the Hodaka Days parade with him!

Maxie
Attachments
DSCN4645.jpg