Greg Watkins shift cover rebuild

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
tahoethumper

Greg Watkins shift cover rebuild

Post by tahoethumper »

After recently seeing a video on the forum of Greg Watkins’ new shift shaft bushing, I decided to send off my shift cover to him for service. After a couple very friendly phone calls and extremely quick turnaround, I received it in the mail yesterday. I told Greg that I wasn’t looking for a cover to show in the Smithsonian- just needed it to work. What I got back was more than I expected. This guy is the real deal- super skilled and savvy with Hodaka anatomy, but also very humble and kind (hard to find anymore). And on top of having a super slick looking shift cover now, my bike shifts like a dream!!!! Definitely hit up Greg if you are looking for this kinda work. Thanks a lot Greg!!!!!
Attachments
3BBE19B5-6D7E-40FC-95D0-286A487D3D27.jpeg
860CD4E2-CFC4-45A5-91E8-4D15B47D9C1C.jpeg
413F864E-2021-4D7B-B294-065E98B2DDDA.jpeg
racerclam

Re: Greg Watkins shift cover rebuild

Post by racerclam »

Gregg is the best at what ever he does

Rich
DG29

Post by DG29 »

Yep, Greg is the man! I had him do one of them for me after seeing Kellys. Mine is also a 1 up 4 down like yours. I wanted one for my 71 rat because taking the rat and another bike with a opposing shift patterns to the races is a recipe for miss shifts. I've had Greg do a bunch of stuff for me and his work and expertise is top notch!
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

i had two done that were pretty sketchy. Came back in under a week with two that were better than new! We just rode them both on the Bad Rock trail ride at Hodaka Days and had zero issues with shifting.

Greg does GREAT work and he (and Diane) are really good people!
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
"You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape . . ."