Great Weekend in York PA

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
squid on a 300

Great Weekend in York PA

Post by squid on a 300 »

Spent two days with my fellow Hodakaphiles at the Potomac Vintage Riders annual Show and swapmeet in York PA today. Stu, Roger, Rick and myself set up and manned the booth. LOTS of traffic at the booth. Hodaka is alive and well in the North East. Many Hodaka owners stopped by to inquire about parts or technical information and tons of people just reminiscing about the Hodakas they rode in the past.

We saw lots of Hodakas for sale at the event (a Dirt Squirt, several Wombats, a Combat Wombat and a Super Combat). Many people stopping by asking about parts and even buying some parts. Jack Broomall dropped off a box of parts and a few tanks he had left over from various projects and generously donated any profits from the sale of his parts to the club!...Thanks Jack!!

Vendors?...Several with a few Hodaka parts but one vendor had a treasure trove of NOS parts still in the original bags stamped MADE IN JAPAN...40 year old parts that were never opened. Pistons, rings, ACE air cleaner canisters, throttles, grips, fasteners, cylinders, rubber parts etc..We were joking that Stu almost bought an entire bike...one part at a time!

I also had the opportunity to meet our very own Rick "Super Hunky" Sieman. Rick, sporting a Hodaka tee shirt on Saturday gave me some grief for wearing a Husky tee shirt...I got him back on Sunday as he was wearing a MAICO tee... Rick was the guest speaker at the AHRMA awards banquet on Saturday night.

My Combat Wombat, Jack's Harry Taylor Daytona tribute bike, Allen Brown's Rickman Hodaka and roached out ACE barn find represented the brand in the show.

Cant wait till next year to do it all over again.
Bob
Stu opening the Club Booth first thing in the morning.
Stu opening the Club Booth first thing in the morning.
hodakamax

Re: Great Weekend in York PA

Post by hodakamax »

I'm always envious of you guys back east, far, far away from Kansas. East and West, It's happening. Good work Gang, carrying the Hodaka flag! I support your efforts even though the great void is between us! :?

Maxie
markteppper

Post by markteppper »

Hi I'm Mark Tepper. I was the one with all the NOS parts. The guys that stopped by were very helpful identifying some parts I was unable to so thank you. As much as Stu bought there is plenty for everyone else. For those who need parts there is a couple ways to get a hold of me. I will be starting a separate Ebay page for just the Hodaka parts. The page name is hodakanos. Email is [email protected]. So contact me with what you need and I'm sure if I have it I can make it affordable. Thank you
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Mark, where is your base of operations? Are local to York?
markteppper

Post by markteppper »

I'm in West Chester about 1 1/2 east of York. After some thought I am not going to do the Ebay thing just yet. What I will be doing is posting/listing the parts here and on the Hodaka fan club FB page first. Taking pictures and itemizing each post to try and make it a little easier on me and for others to follow or find a little easier as well. If someone wanted to come by my shop and sort through the parts they can do that as well. I think the few who have bought parts already from me can attest I will try and be fair on prices. I will start the process next week. If anyone wants to get a hold of me. 484-639-3991 or [email protected] Thanks
ossa95d

Post by ossa95d »

Check out this link to great pictures from the York Swap Meet including several pictures of John and Jack Penton with the 50 years of Penton display. http://maossa.com/?page_id=1602
Ivan AKA "Pop"