"O Sweetness"

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
ossa95d

Re: "O Sweetness"

Post by ossa95d »

Back when the forum was owned and hosted by Strictly Hodaka it might have been considered improper to direct business away from them, but now than it is hosted by the Hodaka Club it's a whole different dynamic. I agree Eric that it's gotten pretty goofy out there...
Ivan AKA "Pop"
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Yes that's it, I would have felt bad just talking about taking business away from them when they hosted it. But competition is the way it is everywhere in this world and they don't host it anymore. Besides, I have bought a lot of parts from all the parts people and will continue to do so. They get a lot of business from this Forum also.
Anyway, just so you guys will know. That the forks used on the Hodaka's were also used on many other bikes back in the day. For example; the Kawasaki G31m centurion used the same Identical forks. A bunch of other Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha's used them also. The parts are interchangeable. So you can get on ebay and other sources, seals, dust covers, etc. for a fraction of the cost where you might have been getting them before. If I remember right the forks were made by Takageuchi in Japan. Somebody correct me if that's wrong.
Joe Ormonde

Post by Joe Ormonde »

OK. So, I wont be scolded ? Ready!!! jawzys on ebay. Pro X Top end Bearing 21.2001 $5.90 FREE SHIPPING. Identical to Hodaka 912712R. The bag has 12x15 x16 printed on it, but it measures out To: 12x15x16.3mm. Wiseco B1042 works too, but the Pro X bearing has more needles than the Wiseco does. 1970 Yamaha AT1- CT1 forks: Swap out the Outer Tubes and you`re good to go. Basically, these forks came with Hodaka Inner Tube cap #938721 but accept both 938721 and 938721A. The Yamaha inner fork tubes are about 1/4 inch longer so they should be matched in pairs.The Hodaka cylinders #938754 are burlier than the Yamaha so use them! The outer nuts,seals and dust seals are Identical to the Hodaka forks Too! Joe Ormonde.
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Hey guys, Look at what the people at Salt Lake Chrome sent me for a little Christmas present. How nice and thoughtful of them!
I did not expect that, it was a total surprise.
Attachments
Goodies from Salt Lake Chrome
Goodies from Salt Lake Chrome
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Joe please call me, I have some questions, 1--208--571--2823 Bruce Young
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
Tom S.

Post by Tom S. »

efkruger wrote:Hey guys, Look at what the people at Salt Lake Chrome sent me for a little Christmas present....
I love the detail in your project. Salt Lake Crome is just the best. They re-chromed the exhaust pipes on my RD350 when no one else would even touch them. Quality, price and speed are all great. The cost was about $600 for all this stuff and it took two weeks. I will use them again.

efkruger

Post by efkruger »

WOW! Man that looks fantastic! Look at that lustre on those. Just incredible! You got a little Christmas gift from them also. Ha!
Joe Ormonde

Post by Joe Ormonde »

Far Beyond Beautiful ! Real EYE CANDY !!! Joe Ormonde.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

The "Disney Dust" filter really adds to the sweetness! :-)

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

The "Disney Dust" filter really adds to the sweetness! :-)

Ed
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Forgive my ignorance, but are those stars from some kind of photo filter? If so, that's good to know, I was wondering why my gas tank did not shine with "stars" like that. Ha! Thanks Gentlemen
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Yes, those radiant stars are produced by a "cross star filter" (at least I think that is the name). As I recall they are available in 4, 6 or 8 ray versions. But the commonly applied name is "Disney Dust" for fairly obvious reasons. :-) That, or Photoshop work. Looks grand!
Ed
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Thanks for educating me on that, I thought that chrome looked extra brilliant! Happy New Year Gentlemen
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

"Disney dust" :lol:. I hadn't heard that one before, Captain.