250ED exhaust

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Hosk1956

250ED exhaust

Post by Hosk1956 »

My Thunderdog restoration is coming along nice, the next big challenge is to fix the exhaust pipe, it has had a couple of big hits at the front bend which has actually moved it out of alignment, as you can see in the photo, the exhaust bracket isn't anywhere near the system setting rubber. The exhaust is so far out it has rubbed a hole thru the air cleaner box!
So I hope somebody can confirm that the bracket on the exhaust is supposed to marry up with the rubber block?
I also cannot see where the exhaust spring attaches to the frame, when I got this little old doggy the exhaust was all tied up with wire!
Can someone enlighten me as too where the spring attach's to the frame, a picture can say a thousand words so I hope someone can oblige with a happy snap of this area on their Thunderdog.
Thanks in advance fella's.

Wayne from Oz.
P1030842 (Medium).JPG
Thunderdogdownunder

Re: 250ED exhaust

Post by Thunderdogdownunder »

There should be a hole next too where the rubber slips on to the bracket ..
Thunderdogdownunder

Post by Thunderdogdownunder »

Should be able to hook spring on to the hole :D
Hosk1956

Post by Hosk1956 »

Found the hole, obscure little location isn't it!
I am not restoring this old girl as such, it is in a really good original condition so it is only getting a thorough clean, to the point where I decided to pull the motor out so I can clean the frame and motor nooks and cranny's far better.
A few issues I am finding along the way that are getting fixed, seat recover, new throttle and oil cables, new air filter etc.
I'm looking forward to have her running soon.
I have searched to no avail, but did they make a 250ED workshop manual? I have the owners parts booklet but would really like a full workshop manual.

Wayne from Oz
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Nope, no Official Workshop Manual was ever produced for the big bores (175cc and 250cc).

The last Workshop Manual produced was for the 94/94A and 95 models.

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!