yamaguchi Ace 80

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
taber hodaka

yamaguchi Ace 80

Post by taber hodaka »

Did they actually produce the Yamaguchi Ace 80 motorcycle? I have seen pictures but did one exist? I would like to get one or see one.-----Clarence
classic.roadrunner

Re: yamaguchi Ace 80

Post by classic.roadrunner »

Hello sir, greetings from Europe. Rumour has it that 5 Yamaguchi Ace 80 were once imported in my residing country. Two are still around, live and kicking. Let me know your email a/c if you like and we can talk further, or I can send you pictures of my own Yamaguchi Ace 80, unrestored as is.

Regards,
Kypros Michaelides
(Strictly.Hodaka keeps a record of their customers for more than a decade? They can verify me, cause I bought a dipstick for my Ace 80 ages ago).
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

How about posting a couple of pics for the rest of us curious folks?
classic.roadrunner

I will do of course, as soon as I dusty off the old girl! The motorcycle has been in hibernation most of its life so I never bothered to take photos.
It runs too, hence i could make a video of myself riding up and down the street, and upload it for anyone interested to hear what it sounds like.

Do you know if any petrol tank fuel filler caps offered for sale by StrictlyHodaka.com will fit on the threaded filler neck of a Yamaguchi Ace 80?
Its one of those bits that was replaced by previous owner, along with other things, which I plan on locating and putting it back on the road soon.
Alberta Mike

Post by Alberta Mike »

I'm sure this link shows what many have seen and read before but here goes. Lots of photos and info on Google searches .....

http://www.classicjapcycles.com/history ... hi-history

Not sure if this is a direct link or you have to cut and paste maybe?
Al Harpster

Post by Al Harpster »

I've always wondered about the Ace 80. This is great news. How did the name ACE come about in the first place?
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

I am speaking of the tube frame that resembles the hodaka frame. I am looking forward to the pictures. E mail [email protected] -----Clarence
dirtsquirt74

Post by dirtsquirt74 »

Clarence

The Yamagouchi 80's made it to Washington state as my father had one in his collection. His was blue in color.

Richard
classic.roadrunner

Since the geometry of the frame matters to some, here is picture for you to study, for the record this ain't my own Ace.
Attachments
RIDE ONE AND YOU 'LL BUY!
RIDE ONE AND YOU 'LL BUY!
MTrat

Post by MTrat »

My recollection is that the frame was black and looked a lot like its offspring; the Hodaka Ace 90...