Changing my password .....

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Alberta Mike

Changing my password .....

Post by Alberta Mike »

When I registered, I created a password as a person usually does. Now and then when I go in to post a topic or reply to someone else, the site asks me to type in my user name and password. Of course, I've forgotten my password, I tried several that I might have used but no luck. So today I go through the routine and having a new password emailed to me and it works ..... BUT ..... it's a long and unwieldy combination of letters and numbers which is pretty clumsy. So here's my obvious question, how do I change my password to something simpler (that I will hopefully remember this time) :?: :?: In the user profile, I see no option for doing that.
Hydraulic Jack

Re: Changing my password .....

Post by Hydraulic Jack »

It's under "profile" and then "change account settings"
Hydraulic Jack
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

I hung a note next to my computer with the code on it, after I put it in enuff times to memorize it, I took the note down.
Alberta Mike

Post by Alberta Mike »

Looks like the recommended procedure worked ...... I have a new password and it's written down nearby.
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

Mike. I save my password & user ID in a simple text in "Notes" on my cell phone. I try to use the same user ID & password as I do for my other forum accounts, and make sure it isn't anything close to my more important passwords for things like banking, eBay, PayPal, etc. if I forget I can look it up in my phone. I do most of my forum communications on my phone anyway. If something happened to my phone, it's all backed up to my cloud and I'd just get a new phone and download from my cloud & Bingo! I have my passwords again! :mrgreen: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
Alberta Mike

Post by Alberta Mike »

Well, I only have a flip phone (the grand kids break up when they see me using it) and even with that, I only use it to make calls or if prearranged (like an airport pickup), to receive calls. A piece of paper in my wallet works too (just joking) but I did know an old fellow once who I was doing a bit of gas fitting for. We drove into town and his PIN number was taped on his bank card. I told him that probably wasn't a good idea. If someone breaks into my Hodaka forum account, not much is gonna happen probably.
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

I have a flip phone too. Soldier on, brother. In addition, it make PHONE CALLS better than my wife's zillion dollar I-phone 250. Ha!