Hodaka - Yamaguchi mystery

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Davo

Hodaka - Yamaguchi mystery

Post by Davo »

Have a little mystery for you from way down under, New Zealand to be exact although I am currently residing in Australia. I recently purchased the pictured bike below, believe it is a 1961 50cc Yamaguchi Autopet Deluxe SEL BPC which had lain unloved in a Christchurch garage has over 20 years. These bikes were powered by Hodaka I am reliably informed by Paul from Strictly Hodaka and this is were the mystery begins...the bike is missing its piston having been removed many years prior.

These bikes are almost unheard of in NZ or Australia for that matter and it seems this one may have made its way there via a service man posted in Christchurch as part of the Antarctica base support team.

I am trying to get the bike back running and would appreciate any help in confirming the identity of the model and hopefully gain information that would lead to finding a replacement piston.

Cheers
David
Attachments
20170703_145145.jpg
JB resized (005).jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hodaka - Yamaguchi mystery

Post by admin »

Jay Lael might you have any Yamaguchi parts left?
Richard Schwarz ??
Zeek

Post by Zeek »

Interesting little beastie.
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it" :D
Little Squirt owner
Davo

Post by Davo »

Thanks, a couple more shots below, very keen to just her up and going after the long sleep but difficult to find parts down this way so. Cheers
David
Attachments
20170703_145327.jpg
20170703_145113.jpg