ya gotta love it

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
willoughby

ya gotta love it

Post by willoughby »

A very determined looking Harry Taylor and a couple of very determined looking Hodaka racers...reminds me of my youth on my Ace 90 where style was secondary to fun
Attachments
HodakaAd691075.jpg
HodakaRace6505150.jpg
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Re: ya gotta love it

Post by Bullfrog »

"Dagnabit! I'm barely keeping Harry in sight!"
. . . and
"Uh-oh. This might hurt!"
Keep the rubber side down!
willoughby

Post by willoughby »

I think if I could be " Harry Taylor For A Day" it would be the day they shot that photo(although the Daytona win would come in a close second). There you are with a bike you built from unlimited parts from your warehouse of Hodaka goodies that nobody else has access to, and you know your bike will out perform anything in its class. And your getting paid to do it!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Second only to being a Hodaka dealer of the time! The number one priority was to race Hodakas, not to make money. Harry tested and passed on the R parts quickly and was available on the phone. Good times whipping up on the competition of the day! What could be more fun? 8-)

Maxie

PS--no mercy to the other brands of the time! :lol:
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

I raced for Hodaka first, Kalispell second, Taber Hodaka, and then myself. looking in my old racing diary leaving out about 95%. Here is what it says about Harry . Harry Taylor bike era probably in the late 60's Harrys bike 21 inch front wheel 8&1/4 to 8&3/8 spokes 10 gauge. Hanco forks, 3.5 18 inch rear tire. A 46 inch overlay sprocket with with a 14 or 15 inch primary. And in calling Harry, Max back then everyone was calling Harry Taylor. Well I must have called on his day off or could have been Sunday But with Humor My little book says Harry Taylor 503-566-3470 "don't Call" Now that is history. I was able to visit with Harry remembering some of those races we were in together. Harry did remember a race billed as a International race Gary Bailey was up from California and Harry did say that Bailey did beat him. Do we all realize we would not be sharing all of this if it were not for Paul? My book also references James E Gentry Parts Department PABATCO E ? We were formal weren't we?
mac

Post by mac »

Great stories and really cool that you still have notes on Harrys bike set up Clarence!

Thank you.