York swapmeet

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thrownchain

York swapmeet

Post by thrownchain »

Word has come down that the '17 running of the PVR swapmeet will be on Sun, Jan 22. make your plans to attend.
admin
Site Admin

Re: York swapmeet

Post by admin »

see you there !
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

I will plan to have the club booth again. We always have a nice group of Hodaka folks there.
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
squid on a 300

Post by squid on a 300 »

I talked to Richard Sunday at the MAT Delaware trial. My CW should be done by then and I offered to bring it for the Hodaka Club display...Hope to see you all there.
Bob
lonewolf900

Post by lonewolf900 »

Where is swapmeet....address....website..
TthanksLonewolf900
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Swapmeet is at the York fairgrounds. Potomac Vintage Riders puts it on, so the info is on their site.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

A little over a month away. Hopefully the weather will be good for that weekend. Getting tired of long hauling thru the snow.
Phil Finocchiaro

Post by Phil Finocchiaro »

Hello and Merry Christmas

I am a new member here on the east coast. I saw your post on a swap in York. I would like the address and info please. I am about 20 minutes out of Phila. In New Jersey.
Is it an indoor event? I am past the point of spending several hours in the cold.

Pop
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Yes it is an indoor meet, although there may be quite a bit of stuff out on the parking lot. Check the Potomac Vintage Riders website for more info. It's held at the York fairgrounds. If you're east of Philly, be a quick hop down the Pa pike.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Rick. You have mail. (A PM on this site.)d
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
squid on a 300

Post by squid on a 300 »

The York swap meet is looking for more bikes to be in their show on January 22nd

Their goal is to have 100+ bikes this year at the event.

The forms are not on their web site so if your interested in entering, send me an e-mail at [email protected] and i can get you the forms

see you there
bob
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

3 weeks to go.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

A week and a half left to go. Lots of people gonna be there, should be a good time.
Phil Finocchiaro

I have a question. Will I be able to bring some extra parts to swap even up or a little cash? I know it is a "swap meet" but I have noticed that some of these events forget what a "swap" meet is.
I don't have a lot of stuff , but don't want to run into a problem at the gate. If anyone has any idea, I would appreciate some feedback.

Pop says,"if there ain't food, I ain't goin'."
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Ok, let's work backwards, yes there is onsite food available. As to your parts, are you gonna try and get a spot? Or work from the parking lot? Either you should be able to swap parts as well as cash, just gotta find the right vendor.
Phil Finocchiaro

Oh, I have become quite the 'chicken shit' . No, I don't want a spot. Too ......winterry. I would just like to bring about 5 or 6 things and try to swap for something I could use.
I just don't want to ruffle any feathers.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

A spot inside isn't that wintery, outside ya never know, a couple of years it was really nice and wasn't bad being out in the sun, other years it was damn cold, best to be inside. Bring Yer stuff, I've bartered for parts and bikes, some times you may have to involve multiple people to get what you want but it can work out. Probably should ask what you're looking for and what ya got to trade?
Phil Finocchiaro

I have an extra tail light Hodaka. Then I have euro items. A couple of chains for Benelli/and Riverside, Alstate brands. A 6 volt generator head for same. A couple sets of Merzocci springs. A speedo and tach gear drives for Moto Guzzi.
I am looking for a speedo cable, air cleaner hose and clamp, rear view mirror, and an ignition key. Are they universal? Just little crap for the Ace. Then some items for my Mid size Guzzi. Coil overs, spare front forks. Lastly, a brake cable for a Velorex side hack.
I know.... but I can dream.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

The key you can get from Paul. The rest, good hunting. As for the sidecar parts, try Velorexusa.com and see if they can help.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Only a few more days, weather is looking good, upper 40s for temps, maybe some clouds, but no snow. Looks to be a fun weekend.
Phil Finocchiaro

Do you Hodaka guys know where you will be set up? I'd like to meet you guys.

Pop
RichardMott

Post by RichardMott »

From the lobby, go left. Though the door and turn right. We are in the corner. Hodaka booth on the right, Preston Petty on the left.

See you there. If you get there Saturday night, we usually have a Hodaka dinner somewhere. The AHRMA banquet is the same night. (I think)
Rick Mott

In order to be old and wise, you must survive young and stupid!
Phil Finocchiaro

I am just a day tripper. Early In and early out, but thanks. See you there

Pop

Whoever said, "These are the golden years." Is an idiot wrapped in a moron dipped in stupid sauce!!!!
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Doors open at 8 am. I don't know if you could get in earlier or not.( Sun)
squid on a 300

Post by squid on a 300 »

Had an excellent weekend at the Potomac Vintage Riders York Pa Swap Meet. Hodaka was very well represented not only at the club booth but in the Show and bikes and parts for sale. For sale I saw several Wombats, 2 model 98 Super Rats a Dirt Squirt, a Super Combat, a Road Toad and a Thunder Dog...
I managed to find a front tire, NOS shift lever, and someone to restore the rear fender for my Super Rat project...Also picked up another bike...sorry its a 72 Husky WR 250...

Best of all I got to meet some great guys from the Club and spend some time with them talking Hodakas and picking through rusted gold...

Bob
Attachments
Hodaka Club Booth at the 2017 York PA swap meet
Hodaka Club Booth at the 2017 York PA swap meet