01 Squirt piston ID

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
jakecb420

01 Squirt piston ID

Post by jakecb420 »

I am bringing back to life a 01 dirt squirt that came to me as a true basket case. I have the bottom end sorted out finally(FYI....it's a good idea to count the teeth on the tranny gears before assuming that 2nd gear has the correct amount of teeth when it comes with the cases already split). Now I am sorting out the top end, and could use a little input. The piston is not a stock and the rings are worn, id like to be able to buy new rings for it but not sure if it's possible without even knowing the brand. And even if a brand is known, who's knows if rings are an option, it's just with the scarcity of toad and squirt pistons, it would be nice to eek a little more out of it. I'm hoping someone may have some insight as to what brand it is. I will attach some pics of it. It has some markings on the top of it, 50.42 and 8303, and also I78A5. Thanks for the help.
Attachments
IMG_4493.JPG
IMG_4492.JPG
IMG_4491.JPG
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG
dirty_rat

Re: 01 Squirt piston ID

Post by dirty_rat »

It looks like a Wiseco piston to me, but I have only had single ring Wiseco pistons. Hopefully, someone else who has used the two ring Wiseco pistons will chime in.