My Hodiak project

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Hosk1956

My Hodiak project

Post by Hosk1956 »

Inspired by Rich and his Yamadaka post I thought I would post my story.
I have been looking for a largish Quad bike for a while to play with, and use at my dirt bike club events, Hodaka don't make a quad so there was no allegiance to any particular brand. But the kicker was that I have never owned a Yamaha and have stirred mates for years about Yamaha's being like a,,,holes, everybody's got one and most stink! and guess what I bought, yep a Yamaha.
This 2002 Yamaha Kodiak 400 quad was a bit of a basket case so a complete strip down and rebuild was in store, I copped plenty of flack about being a Yam from even my son, in amongst the stirring the name HODIAK came out, and it has stuck, I tell everybody who cares "it's not a Yam it's a HODIAK", they all know my first bikes and continuing fetish for Hodaka's so they just nod their heads and humour me - the young blokes say "what the hell is a Hodaka".
So to make it official, I got a new tank sticker made, what do you think, worthy of being related to Hodaka?
I will have to see if I can get one of the PABATCO tank signs and cover the Yamaha sign on the front, LOL
It's all good fun.

Wayne from Oz
Attachments
Tank decal.JPG
finished.jpg
racerclam

Re: My Hodiak project

Post by racerclam »

That's cool. I remember there was some guy I saw , I think in the mid 1980s in a magazine who built a quad with a 125 Hodaka in it.

Rich