Taber Engine

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
MTRob

Taber Engine

Post by MTRob »

I got a call from a guy in Califorina and how he found out that I have the engine your rebuilding for me kinda freaks me out. He offered me Almost $3000.00 dollars for it unfinished. Now all questions went through my mind, what do I have that he needed it that bad, and what was so special about it. I want you guys to help me out on whats up. the engine Clarence has came out of an original 94A that I have the original frame to. Engine # H17570
the frame # is C23985 built 5/73 So whats up ? do you know something he nows? we don't, Clarence did you give out my #"s just kidding.
Help
MTRob
junker2k

Re: Taber Engine

Post by junker2k »

Only except CASH before shipping. Sounds like a BS deal to me.
Jack K
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

Here's where it gets weird. I gave him my email and phone. he called me and said he would send a check or put it on a card and once everything clears send the engine. I asked why he wanted that engine and he said it was a speical project he was working on and wanted that model engine.He wouldn't tell me crap about what he's up to. Does any body out there have the model engine we can send it to him and split the profit. Taber don't even think of sending my engine because I have all his info.
What do you guys think of this.
Thanks
MTRob
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

Scam update
The person that wanted the engine call ed me with his credit card, I took the # of the card ,called it in and ii was a solen card.
Don't we love these idiots
MTRob
MTrat

Post by MTrat »

I'm sure this is the same guy who sold Clarence the 'Slick 50" oil additive some years back...
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

MTrat you know me very well?? I have not told that story to very many folks!!
I buy and sell through Walmart. The first time was a craigslist ad, hodaka parts for sale, parts, manuals, new chrome tank and new nitto tires in Athena. Well it was first come first sell and I wanted them badly. The seller told me about Walmart and in less than a hour the cash was there for him. I have sold items in Florida and Portland and had the cash in hand in about 35 minutes $1,800 worth (cash). The buyer goes to any Walmart pays the $ amount, fills out a simple form and receives a password. The buyer calls the seller and gives him the password, the seller can go to any Walmart store and picks up the cash. $9.00 will send upto $900. To very few people I have said the slickest thing about slick 50 is the guy that sold it to me --- part of an old Bardahl story. ------------Clarence