Is this exhaust baffle correct?

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Roddy boy

Is this exhaust baffle correct?

Post by Roddy boy »

Board is pretty quiet these days so I thought I would see whether the baffle I have for my model 94 Wombat is complete and correct. When running it seems much loader than i remember my Ace 100 sounding. The spark arrestor says Ace 100 , so that is what got me thinking whether this was correct for the 125.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Calgary, Canada
rlkarren

Re: Is this exhaust baffle correct?

Post by rlkarren »

Yeap, same baffle in my 94. I also thought it curious that it said Ace100. But I think that is just the USFS Model identifier. I have one for a 94 and an Ace 100 B+. They have different part numbers although both fit nicely. The Spark Arrestor from the Ace 100 B+ is slightly rotated so that the stamped wording is more toward the top which indicates to me that the mounting holes are different, hence the different part numbers.

There is a silencer that fits inside the stinger too which is the same part number between the Ace 100 B+ and 94 Wombat. https://www.strictlyhodaka.com/Parts-List-R2-s/2119.htm

$0.02

Roger
Bill2001

Re: Is this exhaust baffle correct?

Post by Bill2001 »

Does look exactly like my Wbat 94 baffle.

I wondered if that silencer (65) in the stinger could be wrapped with fiberglass batting around the outside of the perforated tube for added silencing? At a couple of inches long, it wouldn't be effective.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill