Service Manual 250SL

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
yellowsnow46

Service Manual 250SL

Post by yellowsnow46 »

Anyone know where I can get service manual for the Hodaka 250sl 78?
I tried doing search came up with nothing.
I already have owners manual and parts listing.
---

Re: Service Manual 250SL

Post by --- »

Most likely one was never published. I believe this is true for several of the later production models. Best repair resource is probably here among those who have been working on them.
GMc
rtboone

Post by rtboone »

Greetings

The best you can get , is an owners manual/illustrated parts list. You can find them under the " Products" tab " and click on Manuals and Literature.
You will find quite a lot of useful information is included.

Tom
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

Hmmm, my last post on this thread disappeared into the ethers. Arizona has it right - there is no Official Workshop Manual for the 175/250 cc series of Hodies. The last Official Workshop Manual published was for the Model 94/95 (Wombat & Combat Wombat). So the Hodie models with primary kick start also do not have an Official Workshop Manual from PABATCO/Hodaka.

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
olddogs

Post by olddogs »

I see this question pop up often, No workshop manuals after 1973, With the library of resonator articles and the experts who contribute to this site, a discussion for the next Hodaka Club meeting could include putting together these missing workshop manuals. Models could be divided up. Later model oil injected 100 and 125 in one and 175 and 250 in another. A manual with a section on engine rebuild, electrical, ignition, chassis could be assembled. With the wonder of the internet, photos and tech sections could be sent to a clever editor to shape into a usable form. They could be sold on the Club website as a download. I do not have the computer skills for something like this, but would contribute to a group effort. Just a thought.
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

You are correct-- the last "official" manual is the Wombat 94/95 and (IMO) the most complete manual is the ACE 90/100/100B+ Having never seen the later models, it would seem that basic procedures are similar on all models, and supplements to the full manual for the post-1973 models could be produced. Or at least, I work on my Wombat 94 using the original and supplement manuals. Airhead BMW (1970-1990-something) are the same way-- the original factory manual is more of a reminder for the apprentice wrenches who attended Factory training school. Clymer and Haynes aftermarket manuals are rife with errors and misinformation. There are club-produced electrical and top-end manuals and a few private websites with good info, but for the most part the care and maintenance on the old Airheads is handed down job-by-job in a couple of discussion Forums.

I have an old computer and I've had problems downloading the Resonator Back-Issues, and from what I've heard they are excellent resources. Sometime soon I need to take my new Laptop down to to Library so I can have WiFi Internet access, and I can go to the Hodaka Club Site and snag all the back issues in a couple of minutes (no WiFi at home, this Luddite is still on Dial-Up).

But, whatever. I think that the idea of a club-produced is a do-able idea.

--Bill
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill