Anti-sticky Notes

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
hodakamax

Anti-sticky Notes

Post by hodakamax »

I am posting this at the top (but only for a day) so I can control what you read first. If anyone complains I will remove it immediately. 8-)

Comments?
Last edited by hodakamax on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zyx

Re: Anti-sticky Notes

Post by Zyx »

The fact that it is on top doesn't make it the first thing one reads. I read everything else first,mthen looked at this foolshness. Sorry to have bothered the old farts on the forum with ideas not their own.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I'm taking that as a complaint and removing my top status. Lighten up, no need for name calling. Just an opinion! :)

Hmm--I see my opinion has been removed from previous posts. Too bad, It was about all of the nice people on the Forum and what the Forum was all about. Maybe I'll re-write that later.

Maxie
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

The concept of having "sticky notes" and/or board index folders is neither all bad, nor all good - but there maybe problems in executing the idea. It will take more than waving a magic wand for it to happen.

In addition, it ought to be expected that there may be differences of opinion on the concept. (What is the best way? Should it be done at all? Should the "facts" being posted be "curated/fact checked/edited"? If so, by who? Etc, etc.) Please note that while I am a proud member of the class of male humans sometimes referred to as "old farts", I generally like good ideas regardless of where they come from. Earning the position of "old fart" has also taught me that considering the big picture is almost always better than, "Ready. Fire. Aim." Figgeren out who, what, why, when and how before starting a project generally works best (and that just doesn't happen instantaneously). So being willing to discuss those sorts of things is generally better than pronouncing that we should DO something NOW . . . and then getting PO'd if there are questions.

Note to Maxie . . . some of us caught the humor. ;)

Note to all . . . remember my recent post that 92C=96? Well there is a new corollary to that odd Hodaka-world equivalency : Zyx=Arizona Shorty

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Ed, life is supposed to be funny. Too bad not everyone sees it that way.

Maxie

PS--thanks for noticing!
dcooke007

Post by dcooke007 »

Bullfrog wrote:Please note that while I am a proud member of the class of male humans sometimes referred to as "old farts",
Ed
Ed, you have such a way with words. :lol: :lol: Maybe we should make this a Stinky....oh sorry.... Sticky.

Danny
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Oh be careful boys when you get to old the fart could have a lump in it. Dry humor drought year. Ed some times I think you must have a sociology degree. Clarence
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Um, Clarence, should I feel complimented or insulted? ;) Sociology Degree? ;)

Ed
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

I never intend to insult! Some times I know to little or say to much. I just thought in time past you may have studied it a bit at Oregon State or Pacific U. Ed I will try and find my way back to normal. That cabin fever set in a little early this year. You encouraged me to read all the resonators for several hours looking for 92c=96. I did not doubt you I was just trying to get the number things in the mind, kinda hooked to time frames.
Clarence
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

:) I'm starting to think there are no secrets from Clarence! Sociology was indeed one of my five majors during my college years - couldn't make up my mind. The Sociology major was while I was at Pacific University. I got back to Engineering while at Oregon State. :)

Ed