My first Hodie

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Hodie beer pig

My first Hodie

Post by Hodie beer pig »

evening all...well it is here in Aus....i scored a Thunderdog at a swapmeet recently...frame tag number 795 .. mostly there, plastics are toast, the kicker is missing (from what i have read a common thing)...but it has the makings of a very cool project :D

is there a history of the Thunderdog to be found?..as in who? what, where...cant believe the engine was designed for the frame...where do they hide the engine number?..my engine is very corroded but that will soon be fixed....any help with the above would be gratefully recieved

cheers

tony
Attachments
001.JPG
Thunderdogdownunder

Re: My first Hodie

Post by Thunderdogdownunder »

Nice bike and should be a fun project, as far as i know they made 1800 thunderdogs and from what ive heard there is around 15 known 250s in
Aus. Yours seems like a low frame number as the bike i have heard about had frame numbers in the 1700s .
Hodie beer pig

Post by Hodie beer pig »

i suspect the previous owner did a shopping trip to the states in the nineties so that maybe the reason for the low number...he said he had more at home but they were keepers

cheers

tony
dirtsquirt74

Post by dirtsquirt74 »

I have a Thunderdog that I have restored. I tinkered with selling it with no takers. If the number of 1,800 manufactured is a good number, it may be best to hang onto it even if it is a 250 that weighs as much as a tank and when it gets hot, bogs down and stops.
MWL

Post by MWL »

The engine number is located on the right center case, just behind the cylinder and clutch actuator arm. History of the the 250 can be found in Ken Smith's Hodaka book. The 250 is my favorite Hodaka "to ride". Good luck with yours.
Hodie beer pig

Post by Hodie beer pig »

thanks Mike....waiting for the postie as we speak
Hodie beer pig

Post by Hodie beer pig »

thought it was time i did something with the 250 and went chasing spark...kicked thru a few times..zero ...off with the tank and find a loose plug..easy fix...wait...where's the plug from the stator? ^$@#$%....anyone know if the early TS suzuki flywheel and stator will fit?....the wiring...cdi and coil look like zook items

cheers

tony
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

Check the post listed as : Suzuki TS 250 mag coils , there is a discussion on using other ignition parts on the 250 there.
Hodie beer pig

Post by Hodie beer pig »

thanks very much for the heads up....just what i needed