coming to America - Hodaka Days

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Jack Elliott

coming to America - Hodaka Days

Post by Jack Elliott »

Have booked flights from Sydney and accomodation in Walla Walla I think that means I am coming to Hodaka Days!
Really looking forward to my first trip to the USA. Will also visit my Cousin who lives in California.
looking to take part in as much of the fun in Athena as possible and mix with other people with a similar affliction . Maybe they can help explain it to my wife ! Would love to ride Bad Rock etc.
Keen to rent, buy or borrow a Hodaka to do that if anyone has something that will be up there.
Makotosun

Re: coming to America - Hodaka Days

Post by Makotosun »

I don’t currently have a spare bike for bad rock, but it is likely someone does! Especially for,someone coming that far!

Make sure to join the Hodaka club if not already a member and get on the bad rock list. Club web link up top.
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
"You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape . . ."
Dale

Post by Dale »

It sounds like an epic trip in the making...
Dale
Dale
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

Where in California will you be visiting? Im in San Diego.
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

thanks for the replys.
will fly in to LA and probably drive via coast rd to Atascadero to visit my cousin. from there to San Fransisco and flight to Portland and hire a car to drive to Athena.Would love to get down to San Diego too but probably wont get there , only got about 10 days in total. Totally looking forward to being there!
vmxken

Post by vmxken »

You will have a great time Jack and I'm sure you'll find a bike for the Bad Rock and the Parade. I hope I'll get back there one day.
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

thanks Ken
I have been listening to the stories from the other Aussies who have been and figure I better experience it for myself!
Really keen to experience a bit of Badrock ride (The Peter Starr movie only comes second to "On Any Sunday " in my Vintage bike movie list). Am looking for the registration on club page but think that its not open yet?
Hosk1956

Post by Hosk1956 »

Hello Jack, did you have much trouble getting accommodation, you will have to tell what your accommodation is like, I hope to get there in 2019 so will be looking for a referral.
Your ten days will go quick, I love Colorado, my first was for 2 weeks, the second was for 3 weeks, this next one will be 6 weeks and take in Athena and back down to Colorado again.

Wayne from Sth Oz
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Compared to Montana, Colorado is kinda a nice place, --- Dry Humor --- Clarence
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

hi Wayne
Had no trouble finding accomodation although some of the "nicer " options were already booked out. Have ended up in a hotel in Walla Walla so will actually be staying in Washington state at night and driving about 30 miles to Athena each day.
If I was going solo would probably camp in Athena- I bet the nights there would be fun. However I wanted to find something a bit more comfortable for my wife and Walla Walla looks like a nice place. There doesnt really appear to be much other accomodation in Athena
Jack
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Plenty of options in Pendleton, OR. Which is down the road about 25 mins south.
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

. . . and Milton-Freewater, OR - about 12 miles from Athena (you'll go through Milton-Freewater on the way to Walla Walla).

Neat to see that you will be here Jack! At this time, I don't have a spare bike to loan. But who knows, things could change.

Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

thanks Everyone
it will be great to connect some of the names I see contributing regularly here with actual faces in Athena in June.