right case half

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
thrownchain

right case half

Post by thrownchain »

Digging thru some spare stuff and found a right case half that does not have any numbers on it. The casting numbers relate to an Ace 100 based motor. Were non numbered case halves sold to the public?
taber hodaka

Re: right case half

Post by taber hodaka »

Yes and as far as I can remember ace 100 engine, came new from PABATCO to dealers unstamped. That is just how I remember it??. Also you could buy the left case by it's self, that was not stamped. ---------Clarence
Last edited by taber hodaka on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Thx
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

After doing some cleaning and matching case halves, turns out the right one I have is for 125 /per the bigger cylinder studs ( and shorter). So this non numbered case half may be for sale at some point.
dirty_rat

Post by dirty_rat »

It could be a later 100 case half also. The 100's that came with the aluminum cylinder had the larger and shorter cylinder studs. If the hole where the cylinder bottom slides into is the same on both case halves, then it is from a late 100. If the case with the larger studs has a larger cylinder hole, then it is for a 125.
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Most of what I have is the iron cylinder, but I will measure it up tomorrow to be sure.