Looking for Webco Items

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
danshale

Re: Looking for Webco Items

Post by danshale »

That VT front end is just as nice as one I liked in Athena:).
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Set of Webco footpegs in the wrapper and some Webco oil dipsticks on ebay.
danshale

Post by danshale »

Well the Ace work is beginning.. scaling back w/ oil dip stick & 100Cc head . It has other non-stock parts needing corrected. Did find a complete 100-125cc Webco top end for perhaps a future 100MX find.
Attachments
C41DBFB5-D409-4E65-ADEE-93FBD7C91F8D.jpeg
Joe Ormonde

Post by Joe Ormonde »

Boy!!! Where are you finding all of this cool stuff? Joe Ormonde
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Really! I've had my eye out for one of those Webco spark plug/wrench holders (that didn't have a zillion dollar price tag on it) for years!!
TheBevman

Post by TheBevman »

I hear ya Matt! I settled on a knock off plug and wrench holder but I'm in the market for a Webco Ace gas cap, the small one, for the father / kiddo project. Haven't seen one any where for awhile.

Bev
'72 Wombat (94)
'68 ACE 100 (Project with the kids)
'65 ACE 90? (Frame)
'66 Triumph Bonneville
'99 Triumph Adventurer
'66 Ace 90/100- Dirt only
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

The last Webco plug/wrench holder I saw had "WI" engrossed on it and a price tag of $250. Ouch. You'll hate this, but might find yourself similarly lucky. Recently I was looking on ebay for a one-dent wonder Ace tank for a rider project. The banner read "Ace tank" and the description read "Ace tank. May fit other models. Some rust in tank. Alloy gas cap and brass petcocks included" for $66. I could tell just from the picture that in fact it was a really nice Super Rat tank with a Webco billet alloy gas cap. Needless to say I jumped on it like a junk yard dog jumps on a t-bone steak. Keep digging and searching. They are out there.
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

$250 for a webco plug holder WOW! I got a deal I guess when I bought mine back in 1971 ! And I still have it 8o). I even have the webco adjustable main jet X's two

Rich
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Hey Rich. Isn't that crazy!?! I had one on my Super Rat back in the late 70's. It came on the bike which I bought for $100 in 1977. It ended up in the metal scrap tub at the filling station I worked for still attached to the right down tube after I cracked the frame for the zillionth time and bought an RM250. The self-loathing for that move continues to this day. I never had the adjustable main jet. I'm glad you still have yours. I bet you are too :) .
danshale

Post by danshale »

TheBevman
May consider this cap option- https://ventura.craigslist.org/mpo/d/vi ... 35809.html

Note, he’s shop in area of Ventura wildfires and may be wiped out.
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

My adjustable main jets are on my restored 1972 Super Rat and on my tricked out dirt squirt that has a reeded iron wombat engine in it that I had built for my wife to ride

Rich
Bruce Young

Post by Bruce Young »

Sorry, fellows, sad story, last year at a vintage motorcycle swap meet in Caldwell,Idaho, I saw a gentleman picking thru a box of old parts and pieces, I waited until he was done and so and behold he had a found a Webco spark plug holder, and he turned to buy it and the person selling it sold it to the person for $10.00 I missed out by being patient I do have Arigon spark plug holder (Not for sale ) which was an exact copy of the Webco one. These two company's, where competitors in the old days. Bruce Young
Bruce Young - HodakaPartsIdaho
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Its stories like these, Rich and Bruce, that make me wish I had more insight as a young punk kid. It makes me physically sick sometimes when I think of all the things I let slip through my fingers or didn't jump on back in the day. Cars, bikes, parts - the list goes on and on. I wonder if anything made nowadays will be as cool 45 years from now as our bikes, made 45 years ago, are today.

*Fuddy Duddy Alert* - I doubt it.