Looking for Webco Items

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
danshale

Looking for Webco Items

Post by danshale »

Looking for Webco- gas cap, sprocket, front fender mount & air filter for 72' Ace project. Please call/text 310.975.4732 if have these. Thx.
thrownchain

Re: Looking for Webco Items

Post by thrownchain »

Watch e bay, stuff pops up there every so often.
socalhodaka

Post by socalhodaka »

I have some Webco heads.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

I liked everything except the 100cc to 125cc kit.-----Clarence
Hydraulic Jack

Post by Hydraulic Jack »

The 125 big bore kit worked just fine, even if it wasn't as radical as it could have been. Porting was mild, bottom and mid range power far better than the Ace 100, worked great with reeds and a 24mm Mikuni. It wasn't a rocket ship and so wasn't suitable for motocross, but for cross country it was as good as anyone else's 125 at the time. I know I outran most of a field of 50 125 class bikes in 1974 in a 50 mile eastern hare and hound, finished 8th out of 450, and everyone ahead of me was either 100 or 125, including the 6 or so who passed me 10 minutes from the finish while I dealt with a tossed chain. Maybe it wasn't a Penton, but it wasn't bad either.

I still have the 125 conversion but parts are just about unavailable. The Webco gas cap I raced with back then I traded to Preston Petty two years ago.
Hydraulic Jack
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

I would like to get one of the early Webco 100cc heads such as what is shown in the pics on the post "The 2 the Max Project" if anyone has one email me at [email protected] Thanks
danshale

Post by danshale »

Thanks Throwchain, try following EBay fairly often. Some slow to list or buried in lot listings on CL.
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

I have 2 x 125 Cylinders .one has a serviceable liner the other has had it removed. Also 2 x heads as in the image .They both have different designs to the squish? area . Am curious as to if they are both 125 heads as they look different to 100 heads I have seen pictures of.
Would like to one day build a 125 engine using these parts. Has anyone a suggestion of a suitable piston or even the specs or a pic of the originals?
I also notice someone is selling a photocopy of the 125 rebuild instructions on ebay for $25 (plus add another $25 or so postage to Australia ) Have not seen them listed before would be a great thing if someone could upload them to this site ! if I weaken and buy the copys will attempt to do so !
Attachments
photo webco.JPG
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Another option is do some real digging in those milk crates full of parts at swap meets. You can find treasure once in a while.
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

Hi thrownchain
Think those milk crates need to be the ones at the Swap meet at Hodaka Days!
thrownchain

Post by thrownchain »

Hodaka Days, Mid Ohio, Barber, where ever you can find 'em.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

They Webco also made a very nice skid plate and a cushion rear sprocket that fit the 90/ 100/ and the early 100B that some call the 92A.-------------Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Here's my example for discussion. As an early Hodaka dealer I sold lots of Webco items. I don't recall ever selling one like this. I first thought it was for the 125 kit but it has a 51mm width combustion chamber as the Hodaka 100 heads of the time. It was originally black. The ones I sold, actually I sold this one at the time, were like the one in the red frame picture. They came with cast finish and polished fins and this one has been blasted. Both have been fragged by ring pieces but have been "semi" repaired with a flat end drift.

Max
Attachments
Mystery Webco head, at least to me.
Mystery Webco head, at least to me.
Same head before blasting and frag repair.
Same head before blasting and frag repair.
The Webco heads I sold on the Day One Project.
The Webco heads I sold on the Day One Project.
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

The mystery head in the first photo is what I believe is an early webco head for the 100cc engine. That style of head was also used for the 125 big bore kit I believe. My Super Rat I had when I was 13 years old had one of those mystery heads on it I remember clearly. I would like to have one of those for a reasonable price. I wonder why they put the spark plug hole on the side though. I would have thought being in the center of the combustion chamber would have been best. That's a nice looking head I think.
I remember an older guy talked me out of the one I had. He gave me a standard head with some other stuff in a trade deal. That was what you call being young and dumb. That's how you learn I guess. Those two Webco heads are nice. Thank you Gentlemen
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Here is the webco 125 I built about 10 years ago , I used a NOS kit that I bought back in the late 90s I searched high and low for a spare piston , none found . I probably wont ever need it though since I don't ride the bike , its a show piece , I did ride it once in the Hodaka days parade though

Rich
Attachments
100_1124.JPG
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Wow! That's a beauty Rich. Those polished cases really look good! Good Job
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Rich does good work. Rich, Tell us how you got that case to look that good. I've tried to polish Hodaka cases but there's always casting flaws and such. Any secrets or is it classified? :? I'm a polisher of BSAs, a Yamaha XS-650, even a Jawa but I've never seen a Hodaka case that nice. OK, is it plated?

Max
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

Max , Just a lot of wet sanding and buffing , not fun

Rich
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

here is the cylinder work , I also added a case port

Rich
Attachments
100_1180.JPG
100_1125.JPG
100_1115.JPG
100_1117.JPG
100_1113.JPG
100_1112.JPG
100_1116.JPG
efkruger

Post by efkruger »

Cool! Looks real nice!
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

thanks
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

Artwork, Rich. Real true artwork.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
racerclam

Post by racerclam »

thank you
danshale

Post by danshale »

Update- Managed to round up oil dip stick, fork brace, head, gas cap, foot pegs. Still eluding me is rear sprocket, fender mount, and sounds like their skid plate. Reach out if any surface. 2 eye balls can covers so milk crates :).
DG29

Post by DG29 »

How about posting some photos of what you've collected so far? :mrgreen: