Photo attachments

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Dale

Photo attachments

Post by Dale »

The direct photo attachment feature not only works, it works in a number of different ways. The steps that I use most frequently are:
1. While editing your text box, there will be 3 tabs below. Options/Attachments/Poll creation. Select "Attachments".
2. Now select "Add files"
3. A window will pop up to allow you to search and select the picture that you want. You can either drag and drop or double click of click and press the "open" tab.
4. WAIT for the status of the file load to turn to a green checkmark.
5. Once the file is ready, you can enter a file comment if desired.
6. There will now bed two tabs associated with your file photo. Place Inline and Delete file. Locate the cursor in your text box where you wish to insert your photo and then select "Place Inline".
7. Repeat for multiple photo attachments.

I will say again... there are multiple ways to accomplish a photo attachment. This is just one way that works.

Dale #24
Boise VMX April 2017
Boise VMX April 2017
Dale
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Re: Photo attachments

Post by Bullfrog »

Testing. Testing. Testing 1 - 2- 3

NOTE: There are only TWO tabs below -- Options/Attachments (there is no poll creation tab) Perhaps that is because I am Posting A Reply? As opposed to entering an original thread starting comment.

I followed the steps and watched the green status bar grow then blink out indicating the photo successfully uploaded. I entered a comment in the text box. But here is the rub - there is no "Place Inline" tab available. The only tab available is "Delete File" (and that isn't what I want to do). So there appears to be no way for me to "command" the photo to be placed in the message.

I clicked "Preview" and the photo doesn't show. My only remaining options are to "Submit" the reply.

Sorry Dale, direct photo posting just isn't working for some of us regular folks out here in Hodaka land.

Ed
PS: I was trying to post a photo of the first time I rolled my scooter up on the toy hauler deck of my "new" (to me) Jayco Baja 10Y pop-up camper.
Keep the rubber side down!
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

From the "Full Editor" pane:

NOTHING

From the "Attachments> Add File" there was no "File Upload" window or a "Place Inline" button.
Something is fishy.
Keepin' the Shiny Side up
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

In other words, what Ed sed... :)
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
Dale

Post by Dale »

Interesting for sure...

I will do some research and see what I can figure out. I am short on time today, but will pursue it as soon as possible.

Ed, When you say the status line went out, I assume that it never changed to a green check mark then???
Dale
SScratch

Post by SScratch »

Direct photo attachment:
IMG_3050.JPG
SScratch

Post by SScratch »

Worked for me just as Dale instructed.
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

This is what it looks like on my iPhone when I used the full editor. Second tab is for adding attachment images. Use the button lower left. You MUST WAIT for the image to completely upload or it won't show up. Once you have the Green check mark you can select preview & see the image in your preview pane. Then when you click submit, it saves it in the post. :mrgreen; Victor
Attachments
IMG_5305.PNG

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Can I try also? I hit attachments, add files, opened the pictures I wanted, watched the status bar load, waited for the {place in line} to fill, clicked on it and then looked at the preview. Some times I am the first one to not get it and other times I am the last one to not get it??
DSCN1011.JPG
DSCN1010.JPG
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Green check mark? No, no green check mark. The green bar fairly quickly filled from left to right . . . then the green bar just disappeared. And no green check mark appeared. Hmmm, I'll try again.

The same thing happened . . . but I waited 15 minutes for a green check mark to appear (after the green status bar filled to the right then blinked out) . . . and nothing happened.

Then I clicked on the "delete" option and attempted to add a re-sized (smaller) version of the photo. . . . and the same thing happened. Green bar grew to the right, then blinked out. No green check mark. No option to "Place Inline".

Ed
PS: Windows 7 operating system - if that helps.
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

PPS: I'd show you screen captures of what I'm seeing . . . but I can't up-load photos! :-) Dagnabit.
Ed
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

Try again.
20170618_184942.jpg
It worked this time. Go figure.

Chicken Little Mode /OFF
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Ok, I'll try again too! . . . same thing happened.

Let's see,
- I'm signed in
- Using the "Full Editor" option
- photo is 567KB (not too big)
- photo file name is simple - newtoys2.jpg

Still stymied.
Ed
ossa95d

Post by ossa95d »

Ed, the photos that I just put on the "Not Hodakas...but..." post were about 1MB each, and there were several of them. Part of the reason I posted was to see if it was working right. I don't understand what is happening with your attempts...
Ivan AKA "Pop"
SScratch

Post by SScratch »

IMG_3072.JPG
Hmmm...still working on this end.

I checked with Microsoft. They want to know if your computer is plugged in and turned on.
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Yup, my computer is turned on. I know because I pushed the little button that makes the drink holder shelf retract . . . and it retracted! 8-)
Ed
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

Hallo. My nayme is Ralph Khalsa Rhamdas & I am with Microsoft. Please allow me your password & I can connect to you computer & fix for $49.99.95.98.97.99. I am shure we can take care of diss problem. :mrgreen: :evil: Ralph

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

elmer URfunny----Clans
Hydraulic Jack

Post by Hydraulic Jack »

Test photo
Test photo
Worked this time, but didn't the other day. Seriously Dale, it isn't inept button pushing. There are times when you either don't get a status bar at all, the bar never fills, it fills but no check mark, or whatever else others may have also seen happen.

There have also been times lately when the forum page shows me logged on, but when I attempt to post, it tells me I have to sign in. Back page, I am still logged on, but won't recognize this when attempting to post. I have had to log on up to four times to post one sentence. This has become an issue, along with the photo upload, since switching web hosts.

It may be a connectivity issue, and I would verify the web server bandwidth and upload speeds, since this feature resides there, and not on the users computer.
Hydraulic Jack
Bill2001

Post by Bill2001 »

It might even be a JavaScript problem. If the computer can't read or run the script it barfs. I'm sure that the image upload wasn't working before.
on a '72 Wombat 94

--Bill
Dale

Post by Dale »

Since it has be identified as a web issue, I will cease any attempts to identify the source of the problem. I am not a web master and will not pretend to be one. It will have to be looked at by others that have the ability to resolve the issue.
Dale
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

. . . and requests for assistance on the topic are going out by private communications. I'd ask for your patience as our volunteers find (or make) time to address the issue.

Ed
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

Testing photo attachment.
IMG_2793.JPG
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it's an electrical problem"
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
"You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape . . ."
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

OK - I'll walk through the steps as they appear on my Windows 7/Chrome Browser setup:

First, at the bottom of the thread you will see the quick reply window. One of the choices here is to go to the full editor which you need to be able to add photos.
Capture1.JPG
Clicking that gets you this editor page which is where the attachments tab is located:
Capture2.JPG
Clicking attachments gets you here where the add files (photos) button resides:
Capture1.JPG
Clicking that gets you a pop up window where you choose your photo from your computer, and then wait for it to upload. It will show its filename when it is loaded and ready.

You will also see the place inline button.
Capture4.JPG
Go back to the main edit window, and place your cursor where in your post you want the photo to be embedded, and then go down and click on the place inline button which will give you a screen like this:
Capture5.JPG
If you then click on preview you will see your photo embedded as it will look.
Capture6.JPG
Clicking submit will post your reply to the forum.

I have not tried on my phone, but the process should look the same. We are still in the process of forum board migration, and this software is more challenging than what I normally administer, so your patience is appreciated.

Makotosun/Gary Bashor
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Makotosun

Post by Makotosun »

I understand that some folks seem to be having problems uploading photos to the board. I can't as of now find anything not working correctly. The above post with 6 embedded photos would indicate everything is working as expected. Please try walking through your own test, and see if you are missing something along the way. Post up your results either way as that will help us trouble shoot the issue (if there is one!)