1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
hodakamax

Re: old man going north

Post by hodakamax »

I did receive a photo post card from the Old Man on his annual southern migration to avoid the ravages of winter. He said he visited an Art museum in Arkansas but the people weren't very friendly, at least quiet he said. He is hard to get to know. Anyway it was good to hear from him and he said he will be returning soon. "Say Hi to Clarence" he said.

Max
Attachments
DSCN0996.jpg
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I see that the last picture of the Old Man with strangers has finally had over 100 views. No one ever comments but it appears concerned people are watching. It's hard to keep this on the current page but now that I see that it might be a good idea to keep track of the Old Man, I might continue. He should be passing through after ice-out. Clarence started reporting, but now it seems to be my duty. I'm sending him north again to visit Clarence for the summer as he does like garden fresh veggies that start with the letter Z.

Until I get on page two again and in the meantime the old Man sez to lighten up, Spring is just around the corner.

Max

Ps--I see this post has had over 4,090 views, what's going on here? Clarence started it, I'm innocent.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Well late with my pictures from the summer. The Old man did send his painting supplies up this summer. I am late but here are the pictures of the bus that brought them and pictures of the supplies. Why send them all this way I could have assembled all this stuff myself??
S4010234.JPG
S4010239.JPG
S4010240.JPG
S4010241.JPG
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

That's the original rotisserie Ace painting jig and optional swing arm holder. That's how you get a good scald on your painting of frames and swing arm. Make sure the long board is in reach when you start or you'll have to call your wife on the cell phone to bring it to you like I did, or you could just hold it in position until the paint dries (not recommended.)

I wondered where my swing arm arrow went as I missed it during this years deer season. Sometimes you need more than just six arrows. You could make your own rotisserie but why not use the original?

Keep it if you need it, I know where it is.

Reporting

Max

PS--Nice Photowagen!
Attachments
Ace Frame Rotisserie w/optional board holder.
Ace Frame Rotisserie w/optional board holder.
Optional swing arm holder, arrow not supplied.
Optional swing arm holder, arrow not supplied.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Max what is the little silver block of wood for? ------------Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

This one?
Attachments
DSCN1071-1.JPG
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Clarence, I think this is one of the blocks you are talking about that floats around the shop. A long story on these so be patient. I had the Old Man do some deck work for me a few years ago. It seems that the wood post caps on the deck were succumbing to time and weather and I had him build me some new ones out of this cool plastic 1x6 decking material. The project required 15 caps but he thought that I meant both ends and ended up with 30. It's kind of a cool material in that it doesn't absorb oil or water and makes for nice "shop blocks" around the drill press and such. I also used them for sandblasting masks on cylinders for protecting non-blast areas. Almost bullet proof.

More to the story. I asked the Old Man if he had any ideas to frighten off the neighbors children who are always kinda mischievous and ever present in the surrounding woods. He came up with this strange but effective remedy with Gargoyles that actually works and we haven't seen any children since. I'm down to about six unused blocks and finding new uses for them daily. I probably could spare a couple if needed. 8-)

Later,

Max
Attachments
Extra plastic post caps (15)
Extra plastic post caps (15)
Blasting masks
Blasting masks
Blasting masks 2
Blasting masks 2
Gargoyle mounts/most effective
Gargoyle mounts/most effective
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Here's the Old Man with his Fokker or at least that's what he told me. Ya never know about his tales and pictures. Looks like two old Fokkers to me. It's good that it is a single seater as I'm not going to fly per invitation with an ancient pilot and plane. That's how I got to be this old you know. I do have the Old Man's box of photos that he loaned me and I'll see if I can find some more examples of his claimed adventures. Clarence started it.

Maxie
Attachments
Olde Fokkers
Olde Fokkers
mac

Post by mac »

Boy,he might be an old man but he sure gets around!

I really like the old Fokker and would love to see one up close.

I wish that I had the nerve to go up in an old biplane,but I don,t do good with heights!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

My wife showed me a picture she took from the past of the Old Man pushing the minutes old Day One project bike out of the truck and rolling it around the farm, checking the wheel bearings he said. I don't know how you could feel any rough wheel bearings with two flat tires but I humored him until he wore down from all that pushing. I finally asked him how the bearings were. Perfect! he said panting, still turning after all these years.

I haven't heard or seen him for a spell. It was 80F today in Kansas and that should point him North again on his annual migration. He really hates Winter and should be passing through soon. We did see the first Spring Vulture migrating today and that's always a good sign that things are moving North. I'll keep everybody posted on his arrival. 8-)

Max
Attachments
The Old Man checking the wheel bearings on day one.
The Old Man checking the wheel bearings on day one.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Whoa! Abrupt weather change in Kansas! In the 80's yesterday, flowers and trees in full bloom, near freezing this morning. Typical Kansas spring, stuff that could alter the arrivals of birds and other migrating creatures including the Old Man. You can bet that he'll be hovering just South of the freeze line.

OK, maybe I was a bit premature on Spring and the estimated arrival of the Old Man. It is Kansas ya know! 8-)

Maxie

Hey Clarence, what's the climate doing up there? Garden tilled?
ossa95d

Post by ossa95d »

Max, the old man definitely will want to stay away from Vermont over the next week or so. We are supposed to get some snow today, it's dropping below 0 degrees F the next three nights, and we won't see the top side of freezing for the next eight days... March can be very cruel!
Ivan AKA "Pop"
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Ivan, thanks for the report even though you are making me shiver just reading it. You can tell when Max is out of projects when he posts Old Man Going North stories. I think it's Clarence's turn. Good to hear from you and stay warm until riding weather arrives.

Max
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Ivan Manchester is that by the sea? Is Ossa the same as a Osso is it related to a yankee, I have a set of Ossa toasters. I still have a Pioneer and a wildfire. That Wildfire was a wildfire in its time. when I ever get the film developed I will show the hodaka painting lessons I recieved , a couple of items I wish could forget. But as the memory fades some things get better. I am waiting for when I can't remember what my problem was.-----Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Well, I guess it was your turn. :lol: Hard to top that.
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

This stream of consciousness brings me back to one compelling inquiry. What became of that fabulous tank? How clever it is to plan ahead for some serious combat tic-tac-toe if you get to the check point early.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

The tank was suppose to red white and blue but they ran out of yellow. just----------
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

The tank still exists and is hidden in the Hodaka shed. I just don't know quite what to do with it. It does't look to be salvageable in any way, shape or form. Maybe it could be used in some cruel joke. I dunno.
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Traveling trophy for the first DNF on the Bad Rock ride? Its an epic tank. It needs to be celebrated in a worthy manner!
mac

Post by mac »

I like Matts idea.I found a photo of a tank that reminded me of your tank Max.
Attachments
10.jpg
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

Did that belong to Peter Tork of the Monkees? Awesome!
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Cut the bottom out carefully lay it in the wife's flower garden. Drive a stake down through the gas cap area, Then fill the planter full of mulch and plant some surprise flowers. They are cheaper and make a very nice arrangement. Seed swept up from the seed room makes a nice original arrangement at a reasonable cost. The wife would be proud. --------Clarence
ossa95d

Post by ossa95d »

Clarence and Max, I definitely can't keep up with you guys! :lol: No ocean frontage in Vermont so most likely not by the sea...in the mountains though! March can be very cruel, it will get warm here. Vermont is the four season state...winter, two mud seasons, and July!! :D
Ivan AKA "Pop"
matt glascock

Post by matt glascock »

I'm guessing that planter will best grow "special" weeds.