old man going north

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
taber hodaka

Re: old man going north

Post by taber hodaka »

How did you get my number? they did arrive and I was suprised. The bus will arrive in a few days ----Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I couldn't find the cool brass ones--we does the best we can.

Maxie
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Clarence or anyone seen the Old man Lately? Last time I saw him he was headed for points North with two paint brushes. Hope he's OK. 8-)

Maxie
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

I can only say he is late, but it is rumored he will arrive next week. I do have to get er done before the weather turns cold. I am going to give him two clutch savers (a 18 dollar value) and a super rat for his troubles.------------Clarence 68 degrees and sunshine today.
MTRob

Post by MTRob »

Clarence where are mine you promised to send those clutch savers a week ago, before I stick my bikes up on the wall. waiting.
MTRob
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Well it is starting to turn cold. It is suppose to be 77 degrees this weekend. There is confirmation The old man is coming up to help and bringing the painting equipment and supplies. He is leaving Dakota on Wednesday and will arrive on Thursday. I had heard he liked the old Volkswagens and was coming in a old bus, But then I also heard he was into photography and that he is driving a FOTOWAGEN what ever that is. The frames will be red shortly and the assembly can begin. Rob Your clutch savers are packaged for you and I will give them to you the next time I see you. ------------Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Hmm, my can of Rust-oleum professional high performance enamel is missing. Safety Red--Suspicious I must say...... :?

Max
Bullfrog
Location: Oregon, 12 miles from the center of the Hodaka Universe(Athena)

Post by Bullfrog »

. . . and the Academy Award for "Cryptic Communications Over a Period of Several Months" goes to . . .
Ed
Keep the rubber side down!
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

The painting equipment did arrive and we did get pictures. A very nice VW bus cool, but the paint equipment a little crude, why send it when I could have rounded the stuff up myself. I will post the pictures and post the show and tell on {one on one painting}. I thought the VW would be an old hippy van, but it is newer than that, plus it had a nice luggage rack.------Clarence
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Wow! Look what came in the mail yesterday. No return address. Clarence, are you missing anything from your garden? :shock:

Max
Attachments
Zucchini from where?
Zucchini from where?
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I have no clue or idea where this is going but Clarence started it. 8-) Hard to get the last word in though. :?

Maxie
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Yes they went missing, I am sure some skunk got em. ----- Clarence
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Ah racoon tracks betray the culprit in the zuchinni patch, but even if he OD on them, there will be plenty for the old man -----------Clarence---
MTrat

Post by MTrat »

This time of year zucchinis can appear from the ether, so no telling their origin...
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

hodakamax wrote:AZ, I think we've run out of room on the "crash cart" tray. I bought a cool Sears rolling stool which has also filled up but handy. Hammers are available over the workbench. Beware the stool, it really does crash. Three times actually. One wants to stay centered when flying around on it. :o

Max
Max. I got one of the Harbor Freight ones. It didn't tip over at all, but the thing was made so cheaply that one of the castors broke and I went flyin'! Can't win with these things! ; D Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

DANGER Victor, Danger! At least I haven't crashed mine lately. Darned handy, but fraught with risk.

Max :lol:
Attachments
Darned handy, but use with caution!
Darned handy, but use with caution!
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Hey Clarence, did you and the old man ever get the painting done? Winter is closing in and you might have to wait for Spring again. Don't let him stay all Winter as he will eat you out of house and home. He emptied our fridge before he left. Great painter though. Cheers.

Max :shock:

PS--Snow geese headed south as we speak.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

It's deer season in Kansas and even though I didn't see the old man, I did catch him sneaking by the game camera. He's probably on his annual southerly migration as he is really cold blooded. Just a sighting that needed reporting.

Max

Clarence started it.
Attachments
Camera sighting in the woods.
Camera sighting in the woods.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

Further inspection of the game camera reveals that the old man was 24 hours early in his hunt. That's why they call it hunting rather than getting he used to say. Maybe next year.
Attachments
Deer-1, Old Man-0.
Deer-1, Old Man-0.
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I did get a telegram from the Old Man from points South. Archery season is over in Kansas so I gave him a report. He also said that he had one but it got away. Maybe next year we agreed. He usually shows up about when the Pecan leaves are the size of squirrels ear and we go crappie fishing. It won't be long. Clarence, it's always big fun and you should join us.

Later

Max
Attachments
DSCN2386.jpg
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

Now THAT'S a pickled zucchini right there!!! ; D Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I did receive a photo post card from the Old Man on his annual southern migration to avoid the ravages of winter. He said he visited an Art museum in Arkansas but the people weren't very friendly, at least quiet he said. He is hard to get to know. Anyway it was good to hear from him and he said he will be returning soon. "Say Hi to Clarence" he said.

Max
Attachments
DSCN0996.jpg
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

I see that the last picture of the Old Man with strangers has finally had over 100 views. No one ever comments but it appears concerned people are watching. It's hard to keep this on the current page but now that I see that it might be a good idea to keep track of the Old Man, I might continue. He should be passing through after ice-out. Clarence started reporting, but now it seems to be my duty. I'm sending him north again to visit Clarence for the summer as he does like garden fresh veggies that start with the letter Z.

Until I get on page two again and in the meantime the old Man sez to lighten up, Spring is just around the corner.

Max

Ps--I see this post has had over 4,090 views, what's going on here? Clarence started it, I'm innocent.
taber hodaka

Post by taber hodaka »

Well late with my pictures from the summer. The Old man did send his painting supplies up this summer. I am late but here are the pictures of the bus that brought them and pictures of the supplies. Why send them all this way I could have assembled all this stuff myself??
S4010234.JPG
S4010239.JPG
S4010240.JPG
S4010241.JPG
hodakamax

Post by hodakamax »

That's the original rotisserie Ace painting jig and optional swing arm holder. That's how you get a good scald on your painting of frames and swing arm. Make sure the long board is in reach when you start or you'll have to call your wife on the cell phone to bring it to you like I did, or you could just hold it in position until the paint dries (not recommended.)

I wondered where my swing arm arrow went as I missed it during this years deer season. Sometimes you need more than just six arrows. You could make your own rotisserie but why not use the original?

Keep it if you need it, I know where it is.

Reporting

Max

PS--Nice Photowagen!
Attachments
Ace Frame Rotisserie w/optional board holder.
Ace Frame Rotisserie w/optional board holder.
Optional swing arm holder, arrow not supplied.
Optional swing arm holder, arrow not supplied.