New Hodaka in Oz

The main Page for the Hodaka Club Discussion Group
Hydraulic Jack

Re: New Hodaka in Oz

Post by Hydraulic Jack »

Just tell the OZ govt guys the bike wasn't imported to Australia, it was left behind by aliens who did exploratory missions back in the '70's but gave it up due to the political climate down under. If it once belonged to space aliens, the DMV folks ought to understand that immediately.
Hydraulic Jack
Bert44

Post by Bert44 »

Unfortunately most Aussies don't believe in conspiracy theories - too practical.
Bert
1968 Ace 100
94 & 94A Wombat
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

hi Wayne
was that 250ED really registered back in the day? I thought the 250 SL (street legal ) was the only 250 Hodaka that could be registered?
would love to see the "period" pic of it with plates on! i thought the compliance plate on the ED would say "for off road competition use only" or somethink like that.
That wouldnt have been to much of a problem in outback South Australia back then though . I re registerd an old Holden from NSW at Ceduna in SA back in the early 80s at the local police station . I remember giving my address as "care of the Penong post office". The police officer on duty asked if i wouldnt mind reading out the chassis and engine numbers for her to write on the form , gave me the new plates and I was on my way!
Might be a bit trickier these days....
Zeek

Post by Zeek »

Update:
I got the official phone call on the Dirt Squirt the other day...
"You're good to go, take it back to the service centre and if there's any issues tell them to ring us"
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif (6.22 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
So it's going in first thing Monday. lol
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it" :D
Little Squirt owner
viclioce

Post by viclioce »

So is the Squirt on the road? Or do you have to wait for the weekend to be over? :mrgreen: Victor

1978 175SL
1976 03 Wombat
1975 99 Road Toad (2)
1973 96 Dirt Squirt (2)
1973 “Wombat Combat”
1973 Combat Wombat
1972 94 Wombat (2)
1972 Super Squirt
1971 92B+ Ace
1970 92B Ace 100B (2)
1968 92 Ace 100
1966 Ace 90
; D Victor
Hosk1956

Post by Hosk1956 »

Jack Elliott wrote:hi Wayne
was that 250ED really registered back in the day? I thought the 250 SL (street legal ) was the only 250 Hodaka that could be registered?
would love to see the "period" pic of it with plates on! i thought the compliance plate on the ED would say "for off road competition use only" or somethink like that.
That wouldnt have been to much of a problem in outback South Australia back then though . I re registerd an old Holden from NSW at Ceduna in SA back in the early 80s at the local police station . I remember giving my address as "care of the Penong post office". The police officer on duty asked if i wouldnt mind reading out the chassis and engine numbers for her to write on the form , gave me the new plates and I was on my way!
Might be a bit trickier these days....
Yes Jack, it certainly was, I have only just moments ago dug thru my old slide collection and found some slides of old Ron (he was young then though) with his registered pride and joy, complete with number plate, registration will be a walk thru now.
I shall post a pic up as soon as I can get it scanned, found a few old goodies that I will get done.
The 250ED doesn't have a compliance plate, it is from the good old days!
And to Grant in WA, turns out the bike is a 76 model, the photos were taken in January 77, my Wombat was the 74 model, bought that when I turned 18 and Dad didn't have to go guarantor, much to his disgust at the time!
And I must apologise for bagging our rego mob, just bought an old caravan of a river block with no plates or ID, in and out in 20 minutes with new plates, the only ID I had was a ID number welded on the drawbar, the rego gods are smiling on m̶e̶ us this year Zeek.
And sorry for hijacking your thread Bert, but I'm pretty excited about my find.
No more and's, let's get back to Hodaking!

Wayne from South Oz
Zeek

Post by Zeek »

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif (6.22 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
"Experience is something you never get until just after you need it" :D
Little Squirt owner
Jack Elliott

Post by Jack Elliott »

That is great news Wayne . I am looking forward to hearing that both Zeek and yourself have managed to get rego on your "non complianced " bikes.
Having rego opens up a lot of places to ride . I really want a Thunderdog now!